Politicking in Hollywood is no picnic-but the recent fund-raiser for Bill Clinton did amount to a lavish (up to $2,500-per-plate) gala attended by more than 900 well-heeled bigwigs and celebrities. The event, held on producer Ted Field’s estate, featured a rare performance by Barbra Streisand. Though Dan Quayle has tried to make Hollywood the hot potato of the campaign, Clinton claimed he was pleased to dine with the ”elite” of the ”cultural elite.” He should be. They put an extra $1.1 million in Democratic coffers.
Posted October 2 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama to appear on 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee'
- The CW unveils its holiday specials lineup
- 'Two and a Half Men' star Angus T. Jones: 'I got pretty doomsday'
- 'The Flash' first look: Time to meet Caitlin Snow's mom!
- Stephen Colbert teases election night special in sultry promo
- 'PLL' showrunner pens emotional note on final day of filming
- 'Pitch': How Kevin Connolly's debut will shake up the Padres
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like