People in Bangor, Maine, were very afraid. Here was this wrapped… thing plopped at author Stephen King’s gate last June. And King was nowhere in sight. The horror! Was it a bomb? One suspicious neighbor called the cops — who prepared to do what brave men must: detonate! In the midst of which, the shining author arrived home and told the police, ”I bet you 25 bucks it’s a book somebody dropped off… By all means, blow it up.” They did. It was… It. Left by an autograph hound. Ooooo.
Posted December 25 1992 — 12:00 AM EST
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big