You may be a tad moonstruck when you see the poster for the Twentieth Century Fox comedy Used People, starring Shirley MacLaine. After all, it’s got the same backdrop — a New York City skyline and a big ol’ moon — as the poster from 1987’s Moonstruck, which featured a bedazzled Cher. But Richard Ingber, president of marketing for Used People’s production company, Largo Entertainment, insists that ”the design had nothing to do with Moonstruck, though the moon does have a part in this movie.” Ingber adds that he has never heard the two movies compared. If so, he hasn’t been reading Used People’s recent ads, which prominently feature a critic’s quote: ”As charming as Moonstruck…” Must be the lunar pull.
Posted January 8 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'