You may be a tad moonstruck when you see the poster for the Twentieth Century Fox comedy Used People, starring Shirley MacLaine. After all, it’s got the same backdrop — a New York City skyline and a big ol’ moon — as the poster from 1987’s Moonstruck, which featured a bedazzled Cher. But Richard Ingber, president of marketing for Used People’s production company, Largo Entertainment, insists that ”the design had nothing to do with Moonstruck, though the moon does have a part in this movie.” Ingber adds that he has never heard the two movies compared. If so, he hasn’t been reading Used People’s recent ads, which prominently feature a critic’s quote: ”As charming as Moonstruck…” Must be the lunar pull.
Posted January 8 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Magicians' cast on the troubles with finger tutting
- 'Pokémon Go' helping to support national parks
- WATCH: 'Son of Zorn' cast explains mix of animation and live action
- 'Grimm' costars David Giuntoli and Bitsie Tulloch are engaged
- WATCH: How 'The Walking Dead' is like a Twinkie
- WATCH: 'Dirk Gently' compared to 'Supernatural,' 'Sherlock,' 'Doctor Who'
- 'Star Trek' series title revealed