You may be a tad moonstruck when you see the poster for the Twentieth Century Fox comedy Used People, starring Shirley MacLaine. After all, it’s got the same backdrop — a New York City skyline and a big ol’ moon — as the poster from 1987’s Moonstruck, which featured a bedazzled Cher. But Richard Ingber, president of marketing for Used People’s production company, Largo Entertainment, insists that ”the design had nothing to do with Moonstruck, though the moon does have a part in this movie.” Ingber adds that he has never heard the two movies compared. If so, he hasn’t been reading Used People’s recent ads, which prominently feature a critic’s quote: ”As charming as Moonstruck…” Must be the lunar pull.
Posted January 8 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Loretta Devine talks gender-bending role
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on that shocking casualty
- Jennifer Garner joins Bryan Cranston in 'Wakefield'
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing