You may be a tad moonstruck when you see the poster for the Twentieth Century Fox comedy Used People, starring Shirley MacLaine. After all, it’s got the same backdrop — a New York City skyline and a big ol’ moon — as the poster from 1987’s Moonstruck, which featured a bedazzled Cher. But Richard Ingber, president of marketing for Used People’s production company, Largo Entertainment, insists that ”the design had nothing to do with Moonstruck, though the moon does have a part in this movie.” Ingber adds that he has never heard the two movies compared. If so, he hasn’t been reading Used People’s recent ads, which prominently feature a critic’s quote: ”As charming as Moonstruck…” Must be the lunar pull.
Posted January 8 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Russell Crowe in talks for Dr. Jekyll-type turn in 'The Mummy'
- Jacob Tremblay bids for 'Star Wars: Episode IX' role on Twitter
- Wiz Khalifa says Snoop Dogg tour is ‘one of the things we smoked up'
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington getting shorter hair (and a man bun)
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' titles could change: Russo brothers
- Yasiin Bey cancels shows amid legal complications
- ATX Television Festival announces panels from GLAAD, Shondaland