You may be a tad moonstruck when you see the poster for the Twentieth Century Fox comedy Used People, starring Shirley MacLaine. After all, it’s got the same backdrop — a New York City skyline and a big ol’ moon — as the poster from 1987’s Moonstruck, which featured a bedazzled Cher. But Richard Ingber, president of marketing for Used People’s production company, Largo Entertainment, insists that ”the design had nothing to do with Moonstruck, though the moon does have a part in this movie.” Ingber adds that he has never heard the two movies compared. If so, he hasn’t been reading Used People’s recent ads, which prominently feature a critic’s quote: ”As charming as Moonstruck…” Must be the lunar pull.
Posted January 8 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Check out these exclusive first season 6 images of Daryl, Glenn, and Maggie from 'The Walking Dead'
- Beach House details dreamy new single 'Sparks'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer': Watch Netflix's first full trailer
- 'Terminator Genisys': The franchise timeline, explained
- Jimmy Kimmel gives the world's ugliest dog a makeover
- Jon Stewart on Ted Cruz 'Simpsons' impressions: 'weirdest f---ing thing I've ever seen'
- Demi Lovato hits back at critics who say new single sounds like Katy Perry