Versatile but underrated, these four squares are generally remembered — if at all — for their 1966 Beatles soundalike, ”Lies.” If the idea of 20 mostly unreleased tracks by a one-hit wonder seems strange, the Knickerbockers’ abundant energy, catchy pop tunes, and fine harmony vocals on The Great Lost Knickerbockers Album! make for modest fun, belated proof that ”Lies” was no fluke. B
Posted January 15 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Tom Hanks or Bill Murray? The Internet struggles to decide
- Howard Stern: Graphic interviews reveal 'who Trump is'
- Ben Affleck makes plea to New Hampshire voters in hilarious video
- 'Pure Genius': Augustus Prew teases show's upcoming love triangle
- Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star destroyed
- Patton Oswalt on his wife's death: 'Grief is an attack on life'
- The Shins share music video for new song, 'Dead Alive'
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like