Aptly described in Robert Rosenblum’s introduction to this ”handbook” of his work as a mixture of dumb innocent and shrewd marketer, Jeff Koons has fused the worlds of art and shopping. In The Jeff Koons Handbook, his baldly staged media stunts (the larger-than-life-size billboards of him nude with his wife, the Italian porn star La Cicciolina) and the hideous kitsch of his polychromed poodles and porcelain pigs are arranged here alongside his equally banal aphorisms. Koons’ experiments with mass taste and communication make the pop art of the 1960s look downright aristocratic. B
The Jeff Koons Handbook Aptly described in Robert Rosenblum's introduction to this ''handbook'' of his work as a mixture of dumb innocent and shrewd marketer, Jeff Koons has...The Jeff Koons HandbookMemoirJeff Koons Aptly described in Robert Rosenblum's introduction to this ''handbook'' of his work as a mixture of dumb innocent and shrewd marketer, Jeff Koons has...1993-02-12
Genre: Memoir; Author: Jeff Koons
Posted February 12 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'We Are Your Friends' had one of the worst openings in history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- See how 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' created 'The Twins'
- Nick Jonas passionately lip-synced to ‘Let It Go’ at Demi Lovato’s pre-VMAs concert
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!