Aptly described in Robert Rosenblum’s introduction to this ”handbook” of his work as a mixture of dumb innocent and shrewd marketer, Jeff Koons has fused the worlds of art and shopping. In The Jeff Koons Handbook, his baldly staged media stunts (the larger-than-life-size billboards of him nude with his wife, the Italian porn star La Cicciolina) and the hideous kitsch of his polychromed poodles and porcelain pigs are arranged here alongside his equally banal aphorisms. Koons’ experiments with mass taste and communication make the pop art of the 1960s look downright aristocratic. B
The Jeff Koons Handbook Aptly described in Robert Rosenblum's introduction to this ''handbook'' of his work as a mixture of dumb innocent and shrewd marketer, Jeff Koons has...The Jeff Koons HandbookMemoirJeff Koons Aptly described in Robert Rosenblum's introduction to this ''handbook'' of his work as a mixture of dumb innocent and shrewd marketer, Jeff Koons has...1993-02-12
Genre: Memoir; Author: Jeff Koons
Posted February 12 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Gloria Steinem's 'My Life on the Road' to hit shelves in October
- Watch Jason Segel channel David Foster Wallace in The End of the Tour trailer
- The Weeknd lives through a car crash in 'The Hills' video
- Vanessa Bayer, Fred Armisen, more appear in new Jenny Lewis video
- Neil Young thought Florence Welch was 'a man with a high voice'
- New 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'?
- Blink-182, Tom DeLonge: 'friendly divorce'
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!