Aptly described in Robert Rosenblum’s introduction to this ”handbook” of his work as a mixture of dumb innocent and shrewd marketer, Jeff Koons has fused the worlds of art and shopping. In The Jeff Koons Handbook, his baldly staged media stunts (the larger-than-life-size billboards of him nude with his wife, the Italian porn star La Cicciolina) and the hideous kitsch of his polychromed poodles and porcelain pigs are arranged here alongside his equally banal aphorisms. Koons’ experiments with mass taste and communication make the pop art of the 1960s look downright aristocratic. B
The Jeff Koons Handbook Aptly described in Robert Rosenblum's introduction to this ''handbook'' of his work as a mixture of dumb innocent and shrewd marketer, Jeff Koons has...The Jeff Koons HandbookMemoirJeff Koons Aptly described in Robert Rosenblum's introduction to this ''handbook'' of his work as a mixture of dumb innocent and shrewd marketer, Jeff Koons has...1993-02-12
Genre: Memoir; Author: Jeff Koons
Posted February 12 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Lego Movie' directors will pilot a Han Solo stand-alone movie
- Amy Schumer, Aziz Ansari to headline Oddball Comedy Fest
- Sonia Manzano remembers 44 years as Maria on Sesame Street
- Albert Hammond, Jr. says the Strokes don't have new music in the works
- Kaitlyn's Bachelorette blog: Ben would be a 'great husband'
- What's up next for OITNB's Ruby Rose?
- Brody Jenner opens up about Caitlyn in new interview
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!