Aptly described in Robert Rosenblum’s introduction to this ”handbook” of his work as a mixture of dumb innocent and shrewd marketer, Jeff Koons has fused the worlds of art and shopping. In The Jeff Koons Handbook, his baldly staged media stunts (the larger-than-life-size billboards of him nude with his wife, the Italian porn star La Cicciolina) and the hideous kitsch of his polychromed poodles and porcelain pigs are arranged here alongside his equally banal aphorisms. Koons’ experiments with mass taste and communication make the pop art of the 1960s look downright aristocratic. B
The Jeff Koons Handbook Aptly described in Robert Rosenblum's introduction to this ''handbook'' of his work as a mixture of dumb innocent and shrewd marketer, Jeff Koons has...The Jeff Koons HandbookMemoirJeff Koons Aptly described in Robert Rosenblum's introduction to this ''handbook'' of his work as a mixture of dumb innocent and shrewd marketer, Jeff Koons has...1993-02-12
Genre: Memoir; Author: Jeff Koons
Posted February 12 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- '90210' actress wants actors' ages off casting sites to prevent ageism
- Doug Liman to direct 'Justice League Dark' for Warner Bros.
- PaleyFest: Made in NY to feature 'Daily Show,' 'Homeland,' 'Elementary'
- Hear a never-released George Carlin bit about hating the police
- The Weeknd teases new music
- Jennifer Holliday joining 'The Color Purple' revival
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...