Based on a true crime of passion in Spain during the ’50s, Lovers tells the classic tale of a man, Paco (Jorge Sanz), torn between two mistresses. His landlady, Luisa (Victoria Abril), is a swindler but a hellion in bed, while the trusting, virginal Trini (Maribel Verdu) loves him with a childlike innocence. The film, which combines Theodore Dreiser’s social realism with James M. Cain’s duplicity and outlaw passion, moves with cautious deliberation to a grim and shocking conclusion. Viewers with a highly developed taste for romantic masochism will likely be pulled into the emotional eddies formed by Lovers. Others will be seduced by its raw, erotic interludes, which are every bit as adult as they are startling. B+
Lovers Based on a true crime of passion in Spain during the '50s, Lovers tells the classic tale of a man, Paco (Jorge Sanz), torn between...LoversDrama, Foreign LanguageUnrated Based on a true crime of passion in Spain during the '50s, Lovers tells the classic tale of a man, Paco (Jorge Sanz), torn between...1993-02-12
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Victoria Abril, Jorge Sanz; Director: Vicente Aranda; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted February 12 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Gunn's parents visited the set of 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'
- 'Captain America: Civil War' video spotlights Steve-Bucky relationship
- WATCH: Susan Sarandon & Geena Davis reunite to talk 'Thelma & Louise'
- 'Hamilton' pays tribute to 'Rent' on show’s 20th anniversary
- Will Ferrell, Chad Smith host ‘Red Hot’ charity drum-off
- 'Penny Dreadful': Josh Hartnett on his chemistry with Eva Green
- Bill Maher compares Donald Trump to Andrew Dice Clay on 'Real Time'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch