Even if you harbor a fondness for ’80s synth-pop, this overview of Simple Minds’ material only underscores how often the band dressed to excess. The songs on Glittering Prize 1981-1992 have alluring beading and brocade, but the music has no gut. And false longing hangs all over Jim Kerr’s grave voice like a cheap rayon suit. C
Glittering Prize 1981-1992 Even if you harbor a fondness for '80s synth-pop, this overview of Simple Minds' material only underscores how often the band dressed to excess. The ...Glittering Prize 1981-1992Reissues Even if you harbor a fondness for '80s synth-pop, this overview of Simple Minds' material only underscores how often the band dressed to excess. The ...1993-02-19
Genre: Reissues; Producer (group): A&M, Virgin
Posted February 19 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!