Even if you harbor a fondness for ’80s synth-pop, this overview of Simple Minds’ material only underscores how often the band dressed to excess. The songs on Glittering Prize 1981-1992 have alluring beading and brocade, but the music has no gut. And false longing hangs all over Jim Kerr’s grave voice like a cheap rayon suit. C
Glittering Prize 1981-1992 Even if you harbor a fondness for '80s synth-pop, this overview of Simple Minds' material only underscores how often the band dressed to excess. The ...Glittering Prize 1981-1992Reissues Even if you harbor a fondness for '80s synth-pop, this overview of Simple Minds' material only underscores how often the band dressed to excess. The ...1993-02-19
Genre: Reissues; Producer (group): A&M, Virgin
Posted February 19 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!