Television Toys is a nifty collection of ’50s and ’60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled from a series of tapes assembled by toy collector Ira Gallen, these 92 spots feature jingles that wouldn’t get past watchdog groups today (”Every boy wants a Remco toy”). It’s a shock too to rediscover the sex-role scenarios used to sell everything from Budding Beauty Vanity bureaus to Creepy Crawlers bug molds. While no airdates are given, every ad gets a numbered laser chapter, so you can instantly call up your own favorite playthings. B+
Television Toys Television Toys is a nifty collection of '50s and '60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled...Television ToysUnrated Television Toys is a nifty collection of '50s and '60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled...1993-02-19
Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted February 19 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!