Television Toys is a nifty collection of ’50s and ’60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled from a series of tapes assembled by toy collector Ira Gallen, these 92 spots feature jingles that wouldn’t get past watchdog groups today (”Every boy wants a Remco toy”). It’s a shock too to rediscover the sex-role scenarios used to sell everything from Budding Beauty Vanity bureaus to Creepy Crawlers bug molds. While no airdates are given, every ad gets a numbered laser chapter, so you can instantly call up your own favorite playthings. B+
Television Toys Television Toys is a nifty collection of '50s and '60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled...Television ToysUnrated Television Toys is a nifty collection of '50s and '60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled...1993-02-19
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted February 19 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Amy Schumer and Paul Feig to pair up for new comedy
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Outlander,' 'SVU,' 'Graceland' and more
- 'Supergirl' leaked to piracy sites
- Read your way through New Orleans
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Extreme Fan Club with Chris Pratt -- exclusive video
- EW's definitive ranking of the top 10 'Pac-Man' ghosts
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!