Television Toys is a nifty collection of ’50s and ’60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled from a series of tapes assembled by toy collector Ira Gallen, these 92 spots feature jingles that wouldn’t get past watchdog groups today (”Every boy wants a Remco toy”). It’s a shock too to rediscover the sex-role scenarios used to sell everything from Budding Beauty Vanity bureaus to Creepy Crawlers bug molds. While no airdates are given, every ad gets a numbered laser chapter, so you can instantly call up your own favorite playthings. B+
Television Toys Television Toys is a nifty collection of '50s and '60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled...Television ToysUnrated Television Toys is a nifty collection of '50s and '60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled...1993-02-19
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- President Obama invites David Letterman to retire with him, play dominoes with him
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow': Where does the show go from here?
- Black Widow as Marvel conundrum: Give and take from Geekly mailbag
- Sofia Vergara speaks about her embryo lawsuit with ex Nick Loeb
- 'New Girl': Are Nick and Jess still hooking up?
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!