Television Toys is a nifty collection of ’50s and ’60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled from a series of tapes assembled by toy collector Ira Gallen, these 92 spots feature jingles that wouldn’t get past watchdog groups today (”Every boy wants a Remco toy”). It’s a shock too to rediscover the sex-role scenarios used to sell everything from Budding Beauty Vanity bureaus to Creepy Crawlers bug molds. While no airdates are given, every ad gets a numbered laser chapter, so you can instantly call up your own favorite playthings. B+
Television Toys Television Toys is a nifty collection of '50s and '60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled...Television ToysUnrated Television Toys is a nifty collection of '50s and '60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled...1993-02-19
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser: Watch now
- 'The Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Nick Jonas talks hosting the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards, his new image and that Kanye West cover
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!