Television Toys is a nifty collection of ’50s and ’60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled from a series of tapes assembled by toy collector Ira Gallen, these 92 spots feature jingles that wouldn’t get past watchdog groups today (”Every boy wants a Remco toy”). It’s a shock too to rediscover the sex-role scenarios used to sell everything from Budding Beauty Vanity bureaus to Creepy Crawlers bug molds. While no airdates are given, every ad gets a numbered laser chapter, so you can instantly call up your own favorite playthings. B+
Television Toys Television Toys is a nifty collection of '50s and '60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled...Television ToysUnrated Television Toys is a nifty collection of '50s and '60s commercials is guaranteed to stir primal memories in any baby boomer. Culled...1993-02-19
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted February 19 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt blazes through aptitude test in 'Snowden' clip
- Jon Favreau to direct Seth MacFarlane's space-set comedic drama 'Orville'
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj are reuniting for another VMAs performance
- VMAs: DJ Khaled, Key and Peele, Jay Pharoah to cover show in lieu of host
- Christoph Waltz in talks for James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Doctor Strange' recruits 'Community' creator Dan Harmon for script assist
- 'Fuller House': Candace Cameron Bure, NKOTB star recreate adorable photo
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...