WHERE’S THE BEEF? Grammy winner k.d. lang’s constant crusading for animal rights almost cost her a commendation in her native Canada. Legislators in the province of Alberta, lang’s birthplace, were so put off by her politics that they voted down a motion last month to laud her recent American Music Awards win. ”She has proudly carried the Alberta torch,” says lang’s manager, Larry Wanagas. ”It is a sad day for Albertans when the Tory government can taint the entire province with their views.” Not to worry: The federal House of Commons in Ottawa overturned the Alberta legislature a week later, and lang got her laurel
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Blood Orange honors Philando Castile with striking 'Conan' tribute
- Artist spray paints epic 151 character Pokémon mural
- Mike Pence got a publicity haircut and the barber didn't recognize him
- 'Gilmore Girls' Fan Fest happening in town that inspired Stars Hollow
- Video Music Awards 2016: How well do you know the nominees?
- WATCH: Winter Soldier has shield envy in 'Civil War' deleted scene
- Naya Rivera reveals she had an abortion during 'Glee'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...