WHERE’S THE BEEF? Grammy winner k.d. lang’s constant crusading for animal rights almost cost her a commendation in her native Canada. Legislators in the province of Alberta, lang’s birthplace, were so put off by her politics that they voted down a motion last month to laud her recent American Music Awards win. ”She has proudly carried the Alberta torch,” says lang’s manager, Larry Wanagas. ”It is a sad day for Albertans when the Tory government can taint the entire province with their views.” Not to worry: The federal House of Commons in Ottawa overturned the Alberta legislature a week later, and lang got her laurel
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!