WHERE’S THE BEEF? Grammy winner k.d. lang’s constant crusading for animal rights almost cost her a commendation in her native Canada. Legislators in the province of Alberta, lang’s birthplace, were so put off by her politics that they voted down a motion last month to laud her recent American Music Awards win. ”She has proudly carried the Alberta torch,” says lang’s manager, Larry Wanagas. ”It is a sad day for Albertans when the Tory government can taint the entire province with their views.” Not to worry: The federal House of Commons in Ottawa overturned the Alberta legislature a week later, and lang got her laurel
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'