WHERE’S THE BEEF? Grammy winner k.d. lang’s constant crusading for animal rights almost cost her a commendation in her native Canada. Legislators in the province of Alberta, lang’s birthplace, were so put off by her politics that they voted down a motion last month to laud her recent American Music Awards win. ”She has proudly carried the Alberta torch,” says lang’s manager, Larry Wanagas. ”It is a sad day for Albertans when the Tory government can taint the entire province with their views.” Not to worry: The federal House of Commons in Ottawa overturned the Alberta legislature a week later, and lang got her laurel
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles