WHERE’S THE BEEF? Grammy winner k.d. lang’s constant crusading for animal rights almost cost her a commendation in her native Canada. Legislators in the province of Alberta, lang’s birthplace, were so put off by her politics that they voted down a motion last month to laud her recent American Music Awards win. ”She has proudly carried the Alberta torch,” says lang’s manager, Larry Wanagas. ”It is a sad day for Albertans when the Tory government can taint the entire province with their views.” Not to worry: The federal House of Commons in Ottawa overturned the Alberta legislature a week later, and lang got her laurel
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters