HOT NUMBERS: You’ll hear more than heavy breathing on public-access porn channels: Classic rock — everything from Rod Stewart’s ”Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?” to Diana Ross’ ”Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” — is also being piped in, though no one is being paid any royalties. ”Rod is neither amused nor flattered,” says the singer’s manager, Arnold Stiefel. ”Our lawyers will move quickly.” Not every artist is getting hot and bothered. Def Leppard guitarist Phil Collen thinks the use of ”I Wanna Touch You” in sex ads ”might be a good omen. Strippers were using ‘Pour Some Sugar on Me’ before it was released,” and it went to the top of the charts.
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!