THE FANCIEST DAVE: GE pinheads, NBC weasels, Stupid Human Tricks, and the deal with Paul’s shirts — Hyperion promises all this in The Late Shift, which will include the story behind David Letterman’s defection to CBS. New York Times reporter Bill Carter is penning the fall book, described as ”a Devil’s Candy of the late-night TV business.” Carter calls his advance for the tell-all ”sizable,” fueling rumors that he has the inside scoop from Creative Artists Agency chairman Michael Ovitz, who brokered the Letterman deal.
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt