THE FANCIEST DAVE: GE pinheads, NBC weasels, Stupid Human Tricks, and the deal with Paul’s shirts — Hyperion promises all this in The Late Shift, which will include the story behind David Letterman’s defection to CBS. New York Times reporter Bill Carter is penning the fall book, described as ”a Devil’s Candy of the late-night TV business.” Carter calls his advance for the tell-all ”sizable,” fueling rumors that he has the inside scoop from Creative Artists Agency chairman Michael Ovitz, who brokered the Letterman deal.
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- J.K. Rowling, Joyce Carol Oates, and more pay tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Box office report: 'Straight Outta Compton' wins again
- Ranking Kanye West's top music videos
- Justin Bieber Spider-Man kisses Britney Spears ... sort of
- Oliver Sacks, famed neurologist and author, dies at 82
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!