THE FANCIEST DAVE: GE pinheads, NBC weasels, Stupid Human Tricks, and the deal with Paul’s shirts — Hyperion promises all this in The Late Shift, which will include the story behind David Letterman’s defection to CBS. New York Times reporter Bill Carter is penning the fall book, described as ”a Devil’s Candy of the late-night TV business.” Carter calls his advance for the tell-all ”sizable,” fueling rumors that he has the inside scoop from Creative Artists Agency chairman Michael Ovitz, who brokered the Letterman deal.
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere