THE FANCIEST DAVE: GE pinheads, NBC weasels, Stupid Human Tricks, and the deal with Paul’s shirts — Hyperion promises all this in The Late Shift, which will include the story behind David Letterman’s defection to CBS. New York Times reporter Bill Carter is penning the fall book, described as ”a Devil’s Candy of the late-night TV business.” Carter calls his advance for the tell-all ”sizable,” fueling rumors that he has the inside scoop from Creative Artists Agency chairman Michael Ovitz, who brokered the Letterman deal.
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'
- Olivia Munn teases her Psylocke fight scene in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'