THE FANCIEST DAVE: GE pinheads, NBC weasels, Stupid Human Tricks, and the deal with Paul’s shirts — Hyperion promises all this in The Late Shift, which will include the story behind David Letterman’s defection to CBS. New York Times reporter Bill Carter is penning the fall book, described as ”a Devil’s Candy of the late-night TV business.” Carter calls his advance for the tell-all ”sizable,” fueling rumors that he has the inside scoop from Creative Artists Agency chairman Michael Ovitz, who brokered the Letterman deal.
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday