THE FANCIEST DAVE: GE pinheads, NBC weasels, Stupid Human Tricks, and the deal with Paul’s shirts — Hyperion promises all this in The Late Shift, which will include the story behind David Letterman’s defection to CBS. New York Times reporter Bill Carter is penning the fall book, described as ”a Devil’s Candy of the late-night TV business.” Carter calls his advance for the tell-all ”sizable,” fueling rumors that he has the inside scoop from Creative Artists Agency chairman Michael Ovitz, who brokered the Letterman deal.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Watch a brief history of the PG-13 rating
- Miley Cyrus, The Flaming Lips to release collaborative album
- Royal baby name: Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'Sons of the Harpy'
- Play as Batgirl in 'Batman: Arkham Knight' additional content
- 'Finding Neverland: The Album' to feature Nick Jonas, Jennifer Lopez, and more -- exclusive
- Miguel releases Wale-featuring 'Coffee (F---king)'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!