HARRY’S GAME: He’s not just Emilio Estevez’s mentor anymore. Veteran actor Harry Dean Stanton, 66, whose films run from Cool Hand Luke to Repo Man (with Estevez), is fronting a new band called the Cheap Dates. The all-star lineup — including drummer Slim Jim Phantom (Stray Cats), pedal steel guitarist Jeff ”Skunk” Baxter (Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers), and ”spiritual adviser” Levon Helm (The Band) — will appear on Late Night With David Letterman in March. Describing his band’s sound as ”musty blues and tattered rockabilly,” Stanton says, ”We’ll do an album if it evolves that way.”
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!