HARRY’S GAME: He’s not just Emilio Estevez’s mentor anymore. Veteran actor Harry Dean Stanton, 66, whose films run from Cool Hand Luke to Repo Man (with Estevez), is fronting a new band called the Cheap Dates. The all-star lineup — including drummer Slim Jim Phantom (Stray Cats), pedal steel guitarist Jeff ”Skunk” Baxter (Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers), and ”spiritual adviser” Levon Helm (The Band) — will appear on Late Night With David Letterman in March. Describing his band’s sound as ”musty blues and tattered rockabilly,” Stanton says, ”We’ll do an album if it evolves that way.”
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!