LOVE IS BLIND: Didn’t Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger learn their lesson with 1991’s The Marrying Man? Apparently not. The couple is remaking 1972’s The Getaway, the Steve McQueen-Ali MacGraw movie — a rerun staple on late-night TV — about a bank-robbing couple. ”The story is still terrific,” insists coproducer David Foster (Short Circuit II). As for pairing Kim and Alec — whose bad behavior on Marrying Man’s set is legendary — Foster suggests, ”That probably was the wrong piece of material for them.”
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- How Ice Cube's son really got his breakout role in 'Straight Outta Compton'
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best comedic actor nominees
- Jason Bateman is suspicious of Joel Edgerton in exclusive clip of 'The Gift'
- 'X-Men' alum Famke Janssen joins 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Bottoms up! Here's your 'Bachelor in Paradise' drinking game
- New Dirk Gently TV show in the works from Chronicle writer
- See Joseph Gordon-Levitt try Snapchat for the first time
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!