LOVE IS BLIND: Didn’t Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger learn their lesson with 1991’s The Marrying Man? Apparently not. The couple is remaking 1972’s The Getaway, the Steve McQueen-Ali MacGraw movie — a rerun staple on late-night TV — about a bank-robbing couple. ”The story is still terrific,” insists coproducer David Foster (Short Circuit II). As for pairing Kim and Alec — whose bad behavior on Marrying Man’s set is legendary — Foster suggests, ”That probably was the wrong piece of material for them.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- See the exclusive trailer to Amy Berg's explosive Hollywood pedophile documentary, 'An Open Secret'
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!