LOVE IS BLIND: Didn’t Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger learn their lesson with 1991’s The Marrying Man? Apparently not. The couple is remaking 1972’s The Getaway, the Steve McQueen-Ali MacGraw movie — a rerun staple on late-night TV — about a bank-robbing couple. ”The story is still terrific,” insists coproducer David Foster (Short Circuit II). As for pairing Kim and Alec — whose bad behavior on Marrying Man’s set is legendary — Foster suggests, ”That probably was the wrong piece of material for them.”
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' bosses & cast preview epic crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- 'Magic Mike' star: 'Channing Tatum does not like me'
- Benny Boom in talks to step in as director of Tupac biopic
- Andrew Lincoln tells you what is coming up next on 'The Walking Dead'
- See the Mountain from 'Game of Thrones' toss a keg 23 feet in the air