LOVE IS BLIND: Didn’t Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger learn their lesson with 1991’s The Marrying Man? Apparently not. The couple is remaking 1972’s The Getaway, the Steve McQueen-Ali MacGraw movie — a rerun staple on late-night TV — about a bank-robbing couple. ”The story is still terrific,” insists coproducer David Foster (Short Circuit II). As for pairing Kim and Alec — whose bad behavior on Marrying Man’s set is legendary — Foster suggests, ”That probably was the wrong piece of material for them.”
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on 'Deadpool,' worshipping his daughter, and more
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters
- Miramax, Roadside in talks to distribute Obama romance movie 'Southside With You'