LOVE IS BLIND: Didn’t Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger learn their lesson with 1991’s The Marrying Man? Apparently not. The couple is remaking 1972’s The Getaway, the Steve McQueen-Ali MacGraw movie — a rerun staple on late-night TV — about a bank-robbing couple. ”The story is still terrific,” insists coproducer David Foster (Short Circuit II). As for pairing Kim and Alec — whose bad behavior on Marrying Man’s set is legendary — Foster suggests, ”That probably was the wrong piece of material for them.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: 'in good spirits'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!