CAN WE TALK? Don’t invite Cher and Joan Rivers to the same party. The superdivas went tête-à-tête at the New York kickoff of Giorgio Armani’s new perfume, Gio. Here’s how it went. Rivers: “How come you’ve done all the big talk shows, like Oprah and Phil, but not mine?” Cher (who added biker touches to her elegant black velvet Armani jacket): ”Because your show is so trashy.” Rivers: ”But look at how you’re dressed! Who are you to talk?” Apparently, Cher was miffed that gossip columnists on Rivers’ show had spoken irreverently about her sex life. Neither side was available for comment.
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!