Honeymoon in Vegas is one of those tales you hear third-hand in a bar: Marriage-shy dufus (Cage) loses fiancée (Sarah Jessica Parker) in a poker game to love-struck Vegas high roller (Caan). But writer-director Andrew Bergman goes even heavier on the whimsy than he did in The Freshman, resulting in scenes — like the much-discussed flying-Elvises — that are funnier to hear about than to actually see. Way oversold in movie theaters, this pleasantly small shaggy-dog comedy seems more at home on the small screen — even if you do forget why it is you’re smiling by the time the tape finishes rewinding. B-
Honeymoon in Vegas Honeymoon in Vegas is one of those tales you hear third-hand in a bar: Marriage-shy dufus (Cage) loses fiancée (Sarah Jessica ...Honeymoon in VegasRomance, ComedyPG-13 Honeymoon in Vegas is one of those tales you hear third-hand in a bar: Marriage-shy dufus (Cage) loses fiancée (Sarah Jessica ...1993-02-26Anne BancroftPeter BoylePat MoritaAnne Bancroft, Peter Boyle, Pat Morita
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: James Caan, Nicolas Cage, Sarah Jessica Parker, Anne Bancroft, Peter Boyle, Pat Morita; Director: Andrew Bergman; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing