Honeymoon in Vegas is one of those tales you hear third-hand in a bar: Marriage-shy dufus (Cage) loses fiancée (Sarah Jessica Parker) in a poker game to love-struck Vegas high roller (Caan). But writer-director Andrew Bergman goes even heavier on the whimsy than he did in The Freshman, resulting in scenes — like the much-discussed flying-Elvises — that are funnier to hear about than to actually see. Way oversold in movie theaters, this pleasantly small shaggy-dog comedy seems more at home on the small screen — even if you do forget why it is you’re smiling by the time the tape finishes rewinding. B-
Honeymoon in Vegas Honeymoon in Vegas is one of those tales you hear third-hand in a bar: Marriage-shy dufus (Cage) loses fiancée (Sarah Jessica ...Honeymoon in VegasRomance, ComedyPG-13 Honeymoon in Vegas is one of those tales you hear third-hand in a bar: Marriage-shy dufus (Cage) loses fiancée (Sarah Jessica ...1993-02-26Anne BancroftPeter BoylePat MoritaAnne Bancroft, Peter Boyle, Pat Morita
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: James Caan, Nicolas Cage, Sarah Jessica Parker, Anne Bancroft, Peter Boyle, Pat Morita; Director: Andrew Bergman; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!