Honeymoon in Vegas is one of those tales you hear third-hand in a bar: Marriage-shy dufus (Cage) loses fiancée (Sarah Jessica Parker) in a poker game to love-struck Vegas high roller (Caan). But writer-director Andrew Bergman goes even heavier on the whimsy than he did in The Freshman, resulting in scenes — like the much-discussed flying-Elvises — that are funnier to hear about than to actually see. Way oversold in movie theaters, this pleasantly small shaggy-dog comedy seems more at home on the small screen — even if you do forget why it is you’re smiling by the time the tape finishes rewinding. B-
Honeymoon in Vegas Honeymoon in Vegas is one of those tales you hear third-hand in a bar: Marriage-shy dufus (Cage) loses fiancée (Sarah Jessica ...Honeymoon in VegasRomance, ComedyPG-13 Honeymoon in Vegas is one of those tales you hear third-hand in a bar: Marriage-shy dufus (Cage) loses fiancée (Sarah Jessica ...1993-02-26Anne BancroftPeter BoylePat MoritaAnne Bancroft, Peter Boyle, Pat Morita
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: James Caan, Nicolas Cage, Sarah Jessica Parker, Anne Bancroft, Peter Boyle, Pat Morita; Director: Andrew Bergman; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- President Obama talks 'The Wire' with creator David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!