All about the singing Jacksons — and the prices they paid for fame — this show-biz saga serves up its share of genre clichés. What gives The Jacksons: An American Dream an edge is its balanced depiction of the bad times at home. A sugarcoated happy ending only slightly fudges this dysfunctional-family portrait. B-
Genre: TV Movie, Music, Drama, Biopic; Starring: Angela Bassett, Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs; Director: Karen Arthur; Series Premiere: 11/15/1992; Series Finale: 11/18/1992; Broadcaster: ABC; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Krasinski & Corden recreate 'Pulp Fiction' in hilarious sketch
- What to Watch Thurs.: 'RuPaul's All Star Drag Race' changes the rules
- 'Empire lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...