All about the singing Jacksons — and the prices they paid for fame — this show-biz saga serves up its share of genre clichés. What gives The Jacksons: An American Dream an edge is its balanced depiction of the bad times at home. A sugarcoated happy ending only slightly fudges this dysfunctional-family portrait. B-
Genre: TV Movie, Music, Drama, Biopic; Starring: Angela Bassett, Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs; Director: Karen Arthur; Series Premiere: 11/15/1992; Series Finale: 11/18/1992; Broadcaster: ABC; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!