All about the singing Jacksons — and the prices they paid for fame — this show-biz saga serves up its share of genre clichés. What gives The Jacksons: An American Dream an edge is its balanced depiction of the bad times at home. A sugarcoated happy ending only slightly fudges this dysfunctional-family portrait. B-
Genre: TV Movie, Music, Drama, Biopic; Starring: Angela Bassett, Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs; Director: Karen Arthur; Series Premiere: 11/15/1992; Series Finale: 11/18/1992; Broadcaster: ABC; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade