You don’t have to take the Weekly World News’ word for it, Elvis is alive. Just check out Kent Barker’s photos and Karin Pritikin’s interviews with 40 of his impersonators. Take, for example, the testimony of Julian Campo, who does his act out of Chicago: ”I have had contact with Elvis several times spiritually — he helps me to write songs. He told me, ‘I’ll never leave you. I’ll always be with you. You got a lot to learn but you stick with me and we’ll go all the way to the top.’ He gives me guidance. I just pour his spirit into my body.” There’s plenty more where that came from in The King & I: A Little Gallery of Elvis Impersonators, and most of it somehow much more appealing than it is pathetic. B
The King & I: A Little Gallery of Elvis Impersonators You don't have to take the Weekly World News' word for it, Elvis is alive. Just check out Kent Barker's photos and Karin Pritikin's...The King & I: A Little Gallery of Elvis ImpersonatorsCoffee Table, Pop CultureKarin Pritikin, Kent Barker You don't have to take the Weekly World News' word for it, Elvis is alive. Just check out Kent Barker's photos and Karin Pritikin's...1993-02-26
Genre: Coffee Table, Pop Culture; Author: Karin Pritikin, Kent Barker
Posted February 26 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!