STEAM ROLE: Phil Collins will play the owner of a gay bathhouse in the fall HBO movie And the Band Played On, starring Matthew Modine and based on the Randy Shilts best-seller. ”His agent had a copy of the script, and he was eager to play any part at all,” says an HBO spokesman. It turns out Collins knows his way around a bathhouse: ”When I’m on the road, I spend a lot of time in them for my voice,” he says. ”Sometimes it’s in a very sleazy gym, sometimes in an old-fashioned bathhouse just like in the Roman days. There’s cruising going on in some, but I just go there and have my steam, and half an hour later I leave.”
Posted March 5 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat