GOLD FRIENDS: ”Welcome to the ’60s!” said Paul Simon at L.A.’s Chandler Pavilion, where he and Art Garfunkel performed March 1 and raised $1 million for the Children’s Health Fund. But the pair couldn’t quite summon the Summer of Love; even after emotional duets like ”Old Friends,” the two seemed wary of each other. ”I asked Paul,” says Simon publicist Dan Klores, ”and he said, ‘We’ve never looked at each other (on stage). We are not Sonny and Cher.”’
Posted March 19 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Pink Floyd announce massive 27-disc collection covering 1965 to 1972
- MTV classics 'Laguna Beach,' 'Daria,' and more coming back to cable
- M.I.A. slams MTV VMAs for 'racism sexism classism elitism'
- 'Suicide Squad' score: Listen to the first track
- 'Preacher': Tulip wants Jesse to do something nasty in exclusive clip
- 5 football docuseries to prepare you for the NFL season
- Bruce Springsteen to release companion album to memoir
- 'Alice in Wonderland': Witticisms and Wisdom From the Disney Classic
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?