DISNEY ON ICE: The macho Bruins, Sabres, and Flames of the National Hockey League are trembling before the newest team around — the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, Calif. Owned by Disney and named after an Emilio Estevez movie, the expansion team will probably score big — but not on the field. ”Think about concession sales,” says Bob Costas. ”Kids in Philadelphia will be wearing Mighty Ducks hats. They’re going to be lousy anyway because they’re an expansion team. At least they’ll be lovable.” Quips sportscaster Marv Albert, ”Now the California Angels are thinking of changing their name to Reservoir Dogs.”
Posted March 19 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'