The first game to incorporate Nintendo’s ”Super FX” computer chip, this pseudo-3D space shooter moves so fast that it practically qualifies as virtual reality. Unlike most games of this genre, though, Star Fox (Nintendo of America, for Super NES) shows some heart behind the hardware — rarely have such powerful spacecrafts been piloted by so adorable an array of frogs, birds, and bunnies. A
Posted April 2 1993 — 12:00 AM EST
- Rachel Bloom responds after being criticized for red carpet look
- Alicia Vikander to play Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' reboot
- Lee Daniels options Jesmyn Ward's 'Men We Reaped'
- 'The Angry Birds Movie': Bringing the game's action to the big screen
- Hear a preview of Kesha and Zedd's 'True Colors'
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' was (literally) painful for Olivia Munn
- Box office preview: 'The Jungle Book' to best 'Keanu,' 'Mother’s Day'