It doesn’t say much about a film when the only remotely tolerable character is a psychopath who bludgeons people to death with a baseball bat. He’s Kevin Spacey, the new neighbor to The Dullest Couple on Earth (Kevin Kline and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio), and he frames Kline for murder. Twisty, improbable, and bereft of that essential quality for a thriller, menace, Consenting Adults is shot like a jeans or cigarette ad, with the two couples engaged in fatuously playful activity. It may be the first feature-length commercial for homicide. D
Consenting AdultsIt doesn't say much about a film when the only remotely tolerable character is a psychopath who bludgeons people to death with a baseball bat. He's...Consenting AdultsMystery and Thriller, DramaMatthew ChapmanPT95MRIt doesn't say much about a film when the only remotely tolerable character is a psychopath who bludgeons people to death with a baseball bat. He's...1993-04-09
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Kevin Kline, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Kevin Spacey; Director: Alan J. Pakula; Author: Matthew Chapman; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst on Rodney's big birthday drama
- Golden Trailer Awards 2015: The winners list
- 'Criminal Minds' finale react: Another BAU member takes their leave
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Bradley Cooper, Sofia & Joe, Matthew Morrison and More!