It doesn’t say much about a film when the only remotely tolerable character is a psychopath who bludgeons people to death with a baseball bat. He’s Kevin Spacey, the new neighbor to The Dullest Couple on Earth (Kevin Kline and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio), and he frames Kline for murder. Twisty, improbable, and bereft of that essential quality for a thriller, menace, Consenting Adults is shot like a jeans or cigarette ad, with the two couples engaged in fatuously playful activity. It may be the first feature-length commercial for homicide. D
Consenting AdultsIt doesn't say much about a film when the only remotely tolerable character is a psychopath who bludgeons people to death with a baseball bat. He's...Consenting AdultsMystery and Thriller, DramaMatthew ChapmanPT95MRIt doesn't say much about a film when the only remotely tolerable character is a psychopath who bludgeons people to death with a baseball bat. He's...1993-04-09
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Kevin Kline, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Kevin Spacey; Director: Alan J. Pakula; Author: Matthew Chapman; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R
Posted April 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The time J.J. Abrams broke his back trying to help Harrison Ford
- Are you smarter than a Whoopi Goldberg impersonator?
- 50 things we love about J.K. Rowling for her 50th birthday
- Surprise! One Direction drop first song without Zayn
- Vampire Weekend bassist premieres solo-project single
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!