THE PRINCE WILL SEE YOU NOW: Since Michael Jackson has gone public, is Prince next in line? The purple one jetted to Atlanta last month to sign autographs for 2,000 fans at Turtle’s Rhythm & Views CD store. He even slid his sunglasses down his nose upon request (permitting a split-second glimpse of his actual eyes), shook hands, signed albums, and performed three tunes (”Delirious,” ”Sexy MF,” and ”My Name Is Prince”) for fans who waited seven hours in line. A spokesman for the singer, whose last record, [Prince], is only approaching double platinum, denies the move is a sign of hard times: ”This is just part of a pattern of intimacy and accessibility that’s consistent with the concerts that Prince is now giving.”
Posted April 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- 'Tomorrowland' leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!