THE PRINCE WILL SEE YOU NOW: Since Michael Jackson has gone public, is Prince next in line? The purple one jetted to Atlanta last month to sign autographs for 2,000 fans at Turtle’s Rhythm & Views CD store. He even slid his sunglasses down his nose upon request (permitting a split-second glimpse of his actual eyes), shook hands, signed albums, and performed three tunes (”Delirious,” ”Sexy MF,” and ”My Name Is Prince”) for fans who waited seven hours in line. A spokesman for the singer, whose last record, [Prince], is only approaching double platinum, denies the move is a sign of hard times: ”This is just part of a pattern of intimacy and accessibility that’s consistent with the concerts that Prince is now giving.”
Posted April 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!