THE PRINCE WILL SEE YOU NOW: Since Michael Jackson has gone public, is Prince next in line? The purple one jetted to Atlanta last month to sign autographs for 2,000 fans at Turtle’s Rhythm & Views CD store. He even slid his sunglasses down his nose upon request (permitting a split-second glimpse of his actual eyes), shook hands, signed albums, and performed three tunes (”Delirious,” ”Sexy MF,” and ”My Name Is Prince”) for fans who waited seven hours in line. A spokesman for the singer, whose last record, [Prince], is only approaching double platinum, denies the move is a sign of hard times: ”This is just part of a pattern of intimacy and accessibility that’s consistent with the concerts that Prince is now giving.”
Posted April 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nicolas Cage talks 'National Treasure 3': 'They're working on it'
- Leslie Jones once worked as a Scientology telemarketer
- Singles Swap: EW's fresh suggestions for brand new tunes
- See the winning cover for 'Taylor Swift: This Is Our Song'
- WATCH: Gary Oldman, Asa Butterfield in 'The Space Between Us' trailer
- 'The Nice Guys' director Shane Black explains his love for Christmas
- James Blake tells stories behind the collaborations on his new album