RAGING BOB: What’s it like to have Robert De Niro smash you in the guts, bite your finger, wrestle you to the floor, and try to rip off your head? Leonardo DiCaprio didn’t mind. ”He’s a softie,” says the 18-year-old newcomer, who plays De Niro’s human punching bag of a stepson in the movie This Boy’s Life (based on writer Tobias Wolff’s book about his terrifying childhood). ”When the director yelled cut, De Niro was like, ‘Jeez, are you okay? Let me help you up. Do you need anything? I didn’t hurt you, did I?”’ And when the script called for De Niro to try to bite off DiCaprio’s index finger? Says DiCaprio, ”Even Bob was grossed out.”
Posted April 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Madonna calls out 'blatant sexism' in Billboard acceptance speech
- Arnold Schwarzenegger on Donald Trump: 'I want my ratings higher than his'
- WATCH: Patrick Wilson, Ian McShane face off in 'The Hollow Point' clip
- 'Days of our Lives' actor Joseph Mascolo dies at 87
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Bruce Campbell previews 'pretty big' season finale
- Shaquille O'Neal lip syncs Beyoncé's 'All Night'
- MSNBC anchor apologizes for saying Fox News held party at Trump hotel