”The time is ripe for pure dissent,” snarls David Baerwald, as guitars screech and drums pound. Throughout Triage, his second album, Baerwald is ferociously without hope — a guy who reads the newspapers too closely, who thinks too much about corruption and war. The result is carefully crafted singer-songwriter material played at full rock & roll blast. ”I dream assassination/I hallucinate cash,” he yells on ”AIDS & Armageddon,” ”I’m afraid of my own future/I’m disgusted by my past.” Raucous, worldly, bitterly funny, this is the sound of one man outraged that there’s so much cruelty in the world. ”Am I alone in this? Am I alone?” he howls over and over on ”The Waiter.” Hope not, Dave. A-
Triage''The time is ripe for pure dissent,'' snarls David Baerwald, as guitars screech and drums pound. Throughout Triage, his second album,...TriageRock''The time is ripe for pure dissent,'' snarls David Baerwald, as guitars screech and drums pound. Throughout Triage, his second album,...1993-04-09
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: David Baerwald; Producer (group): A&M
Posted April 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Jessica Simpson and Tracee Ellis Ross' glamorous 'sister' photo
- Kanye West to perform '808s & Heartbreak' in full at Hollywood Bowl
- 5 shows to watch now that 'Hannibal' is over
- Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne performed 'Complicated' on 1989 tour
- 'Survivor' players on the most shameless thing they did for fan votes
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!