”The time is ripe for pure dissent,” snarls David Baerwald, as guitars screech and drums pound. Throughout Triage, his second album, Baerwald is ferociously without hope — a guy who reads the newspapers too closely, who thinks too much about corruption and war. The result is carefully crafted singer-songwriter material played at full rock & roll blast. ”I dream assassination/I hallucinate cash,” he yells on ”AIDS & Armageddon,” ”I’m afraid of my own future/I’m disgusted by my past.” Raucous, worldly, bitterly funny, this is the sound of one man outraged that there’s so much cruelty in the world. ”Am I alone in this? Am I alone?” he howls over and over on ”The Waiter.” Hope not, Dave. A-
Triage''The time is ripe for pure dissent,'' snarls David Baerwald, as guitars screech and drums pound. Throughout Triage, his second album,...TriageRock''The time is ripe for pure dissent,'' snarls David Baerwald, as guitars screech and drums pound. Throughout Triage, his second album,...1993-04-09
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: David Baerwald; Producer (group): A&M
Posted April 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First trailer for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!