”The time is ripe for pure dissent,” snarls David Baerwald, as guitars screech and drums pound. Throughout Triage, his second album, Baerwald is ferociously without hope — a guy who reads the newspapers too closely, who thinks too much about corruption and war. The result is carefully crafted singer-songwriter material played at full rock & roll blast. ”I dream assassination/I hallucinate cash,” he yells on ”AIDS & Armageddon,” ”I’m afraid of my own future/I’m disgusted by my past.” Raucous, worldly, bitterly funny, this is the sound of one man outraged that there’s so much cruelty in the world. ”Am I alone in this? Am I alone?” he howls over and over on ”The Waiter.” Hope not, Dave. A-
Triage''The time is ripe for pure dissent,'' snarls David Baerwald, as guitars screech and drums pound. Throughout Triage, his second album,...TriageRock''The time is ripe for pure dissent,'' snarls David Baerwald, as guitars screech and drums pound. Throughout Triage, his second album,...1993-04-09
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: David Baerwald; Producer (group): A&M
Posted April 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- President Obama talks 'Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron-Zadan won't return
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!