After a lot of catfighting with Roxanne Shante following her spritely 1990 hip-hop-pop hits ”Monie in the Middle” and ”It’s a Shame,” Monie Love goes rapid-fire remorseless (”Mo’ Monie,” ”Sex U All”) but remains so conversational on In a Word or 2. She sits you down on a park bench and kicks chitchat, both rib-tickling (”Greasy”) and guileless (”Full Term Love”). Marley Marl’s Stax horn squeals, snapping beats, and skittery scratches make guest producer Prince seem modest. B+
In a Word or 2After a lot of catfighting with Roxanne Shante following her spritely 1990 hip-hop-pop hits ''Monie in the Middle'' and ''It's a Shame,'' Monie Love goes...In a Word or 2Hip-Hop/RapAfter a lot of catfighting with Roxanne Shante following her spritely 1990 hip-hop-pop hits ''Monie in the Middle'' and ''It's a Shame,'' Monie Love goes...1993-04-09
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Monie Love; Producer (group): Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- MTV cancels 'Eye Candy'
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis looks back at 'SNL' and ahead towards 'Fletch'
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!