If this group were a mental patient, it’d be a manic depressive. The ups sound like a late-night assault of pots and pans with kitchen utensils, accompanied by spattering feedback. On the down side, Lou Barlow’s sensitive-guy musings are better crafted and more accessible than Bubble & Scrape’s other tunes. His anguish is so palpable you just wanna give the songs a hug. Pass the lithium, but don’t pass on a listen. B+
Bubble & ScrapeIf this group were a mental patient, it'd be a manic depressive. The ups sound like a late-night assault of pots and pans with kitchen utensils,...Bubble & ScrapeIndie RockIf this group were a mental patient, it'd be a manic depressive. The ups sound like a late-night assault of pots and pans with kitchen utensils,...1993-04-16
Genre: Indie Rock; Producer (group): Sub Pop
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage spotlight: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!