What’s in a title? In the world of direct-to-video movies, it’s usually another title. Last fall Academy Entertainment released the erotic thriller Animal Instincts nearly simultaneously with Basic Instinct. Similarly, its latest salacious offering, Body of Influence, suspiciously resembles Madonna’s recent soft-porn courtroom drama, Body of Evidence (scheduled for June release). Academy’s tape was originally called Indecent Advances, but the company says the name change had nothing to do with the more-famous flick. Body of Influence ”was a better title,” says vice president of marketing M.J. Peckos. But what does it mean? ”There’s a lot of influence used back and forth between psychiatrist and patient,” Peckos says. Sounds as if it should have been called Body of Nonsense.
Posted April 16 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Exclusive 'A Christmas Horror Story' trailer promises shocks, scares, and Shatner
- See Simon Cowell get emotional during an 'X Factor' audition
- Box office preview: Sleepy Labor Day to quietly close out the summer
- 'Mr. Robot' had a perfect season on Rotten Tomatoes
- First Look: See Rob Riggle as 'Gator Dan' on 'Fresh Off the Boat'
- Netflix renews 'Narcos' for season 2
- Eddie Redmayne: 'The Danish Girl' was 'an extraordinary experience'
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!