Joe Pesci plays a lonely tabloid photographer in ’40s Manhattan who has a darkroom in his car trunk and nerve to match his ingenuity. The plot gets uninterestingly complicated as he becomes involved with mobsters, the FBI, and the owner of a cafe-society joint (Barbara Hershey) who makes him go all soft. It’s not that there’s much terribly wrong with The Public Eye; there’s just not much terribly right. C
The Public EyeJoe Pesci plays a lonely tabloid photographer in '40s Manhattan who has a darkroom in his car trunk and nerve to match his ingenuity. The plot gets...The Public EyeDramaHoward FranklinRJoe Pesci plays a lonely tabloid photographer in '40s Manhattan who has a darkroom in his car trunk and nerve to match his ingenuity. The plot gets...1993-04-16Barbara Hershey
Genre: Drama; Starring: Joe Pesci, Barbara Hershey; Director: Howard Franklin; Author: Howard Franklin; MPAA Rating: R
Posted April 16 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!