If Jim Morrison isn’t really dead, this will most certainly kill him. Travel consultant and Doors fan Gail Burns has organized the first-ever Doors Break on Through Tour. The seven-day Paris trek (July 1-7) focuses on Morrison’s short life in the City of Lights. The trip features lunch at a restaurant across from Jim’s Marais District apartment, a tour of the red-light district, and a July 3 vigil at Père Lachaise cemetery on the 22nd anniversary of Morrison’s death (”the day etched in all of our minds forever,” says the brochure). ”Most of the people who’ve called are women in their 20s who weren’t even around for the Doors,” Burns says. The cost to be a rider on the mourn — $799 plus airfare.
Posted April 23 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Spotlight,' 'Mad Men,' 'The Big Short' win big at WGA Awards
- Box office: 'Deadpool' shatters records with $135 million
- See Ronda Rousey's 'Sports Illustrated' Swimsuit Issue cover
- Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon celebrate Valentine's Day with cats on 'SNL'
- 'SNL' mocks reactions to Beyoncé's 'Formation' with horror movie spoof
- George Clooney describes how 'bananas' it was to do 'Facts of Life'
- What time are the Grammys? And other burning questions answered!