Yello’s ‘85 hit ”Oh Yea” not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night Football. Not bad for a zany filmmaker (Dieter Meier) and a former truck driver (Boris Blank). Essential Yello is an aptly titled best-of sampler of the Swiss synth duo’s stuff since the early ’80s. Pumped on racy rhythms (from hot Cuban to techno-tango), over-the-top analog sound effects and Meier’s kitschily dramatic delivery, it comes off as a madcap mini-musical. Turn it up — that’s an order! A
Essential YelloYello's '85 hit ''Oh Yea'' not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night...Essential YelloReissues, ElectronicYello's '85 hit ''Oh Yea'' not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night...1993-04-30
Genre: Reissues, Electronic; Producer (group): Island, Smash
Posted April 30 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?