Yello’s ‘85 hit ”Oh Yea” not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night Football. Not bad for a zany filmmaker (Dieter Meier) and a former truck driver (Boris Blank). Essential Yello is an aptly titled best-of sampler of the Swiss synth duo’s stuff since the early ’80s. Pumped on racy rhythms (from hot Cuban to techno-tango), over-the-top analog sound effects and Meier’s kitschily dramatic delivery, it comes off as a madcap mini-musical. Turn it up — that’s an order! A
Essential YelloYello's '85 hit ''Oh Yea'' not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night...Essential YelloReissues, ElectronicYello's '85 hit ''Oh Yea'' not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night...1993-04-30
Genre: Reissues, Electronic; Producer (group): Island, Smash
Posted April 30 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles