Yello’s ‘85 hit ”Oh Yea” not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night Football. Not bad for a zany filmmaker (Dieter Meier) and a former truck driver (Boris Blank). Essential Yello is an aptly titled best-of sampler of the Swiss synth duo’s stuff since the early ’80s. Pumped on racy rhythms (from hot Cuban to techno-tango), over-the-top analog sound effects and Meier’s kitschily dramatic delivery, it comes off as a madcap mini-musical. Turn it up — that’s an order! A
Essential YelloYello's '85 hit ''Oh Yea'' not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night...Essential YelloReissues, ElectronicYello's '85 hit ''Oh Yea'' not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night...1993-04-30
Genre: Reissues, Electronic; Producer (group): Island, Smash
Posted April 30 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations