Yello’s ‘85 hit ”Oh Yea” not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night Football. Not bad for a zany filmmaker (Dieter Meier) and a former truck driver (Boris Blank). Essential Yello is an aptly titled best-of sampler of the Swiss synth duo’s stuff since the early ’80s. Pumped on racy rhythms (from hot Cuban to techno-tango), over-the-top analog sound effects and Meier’s kitschily dramatic delivery, it comes off as a madcap mini-musical. Turn it up — that’s an order! A
Essential YelloYello's '85 hit ''Oh Yea'' not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night...Essential YelloReissues, ElectronicYello's '85 hit ''Oh Yea'' not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night...1993-04-30
Genre: Reissues, Electronic; Producer (group): Island, Smash
Posted April 30 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- Taylor Swift, Jimmy Fallon, more celebs spend July 4 on Instagram, Twitter
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!