Yello’s ‘85 hit ”Oh Yea” not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night Football. Not bad for a zany filmmaker (Dieter Meier) and a former truck driver (Boris Blank). Essential Yello is an aptly titled best-of sampler of the Swiss synth duo’s stuff since the early ’80s. Pumped on racy rhythms (from hot Cuban to techno-tango), over-the-top analog sound effects and Meier’s kitschily dramatic delivery, it comes off as a madcap mini-musical. Turn it up — that’s an order! A
Essential YelloYello's '85 hit ''Oh Yea'' not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night...Essential YelloReissues, ElectronicYello's '85 hit ''Oh Yea'' not only graced soundtracks (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) and commercials, it even made it onto Monday Night...1993-04-30
Genre: Reissues, Electronic; Producer (group): Island, Smash
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!