I have seen the future of Aaron Neville…and he’s making new Boz Scaggs records. When America’s most profoundly moving larynx wraps itself around Marvin Gaye’s ”The Bells,” it’s, as usual, artful as heck and pure falsetto heaven. But when he tackles the groove-laden ”My Brother, My Brother,” it hits you: on The Grand Tour Neville aims for What’s Going On, but comes up with Silk Degrees every time. Meaning: Great pop — but not great, Pop. B-
The Grand TourI have seen the future of Aaron Neville...and he's making new Boz Scaggs records. When America's most profoundly moving larynx wraps itself around...The Grand TourR&BI have seen the future of Aaron Neville...and he's making new Boz Scaggs records. When America's most profoundly moving larynx wraps itself around...1993-04-30
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Aaron Neville; Producer (group): A&M
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Golden Trailer Awards 2015: The winners list
- 'Criminal Minds' finale react: Another BAU member takes their leave
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on finale, Nina Dobrev farewell
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!