While the passionate folksinger’s rousing 1969 Woodstock performance of ”Freedom” caps off Resume: The Best of Richie Havens, other souvenirs here surpass it. Havens’ tender treatment of Bob Dylan’s ”Just Like a Woman” remains its definitive interpretation; the beautiful ”Follow” and the anti-war protest ”Handsome Johnny” are equally moving. A concise portrait of a dignified and distinguished artist. B+
Resume: The Best of Richie HavensWhile the passionate folksinger's rousing 1969 Woodstock performance of ''Freedom'' caps off Resume: The Best of Richie Havens, other...Resume: The Best of Richie HavensFolk, ReissuesWhile the passionate folksinger's rousing 1969 Woodstock performance of ''Freedom'' caps off Resume: The Best of Richie Havens, other...1993-04-30
Genre: Folk, Reissues; Lead Performer: Richie Havens
Posted April 30 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!