While the passionate folksinger’s rousing 1969 Woodstock performance of ”Freedom” caps off Resume: The Best of Richie Havens, other souvenirs here surpass it. Havens’ tender treatment of Bob Dylan’s ”Just Like a Woman” remains its definitive interpretation; the beautiful ”Follow” and the anti-war protest ”Handsome Johnny” are equally moving. A concise portrait of a dignified and distinguished artist. B+
Resume: The Best of Richie HavensWhile the passionate folksinger's rousing 1969 Woodstock performance of ''Freedom'' caps off Resume: The Best of Richie Havens, other...Resume: The Best of Richie HavensFolk, ReissuesWhile the passionate folksinger's rousing 1969 Woodstock performance of ''Freedom'' caps off Resume: The Best of Richie Havens, other...1993-04-30
Genre: Folk, Reissues; Lead Performer: Richie Havens
Posted April 30 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!