While the passionate folksinger’s rousing 1969 Woodstock performance of ”Freedom” caps off Resume: The Best of Richie Havens, other souvenirs here surpass it. Havens’ tender treatment of Bob Dylan’s ”Just Like a Woman” remains its definitive interpretation; the beautiful ”Follow” and the anti-war protest ”Handsome Johnny” are equally moving. A concise portrait of a dignified and distinguished artist. B+
Resume: The Best of Richie HavensWhile the passionate folksinger's rousing 1969 Woodstock performance of ''Freedom'' caps off Resume: The Best of Richie Havens, other...Resume: The Best of Richie HavensFolk, ReissuesWhile the passionate folksinger's rousing 1969 Woodstock performance of ''Freedom'' caps off Resume: The Best of Richie Havens, other...1993-04-30
Genre: Folk, Reissues; Lead Performer: Richie Havens
Posted April 30 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Panorama Day 2: Kendrick Lamar spreads the love in profound headlining set
- Comic-Con 2016 Day 3: See stars' cinemagraph portraits
- 'Hawaii Five-0' books Claire Forlani for recurring role
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- EW Party at Comic-Con 2016: See Stars' Red Carpet Arrivals
- Comic-Con 2016: See the Best Cosplayers From Day 2
- 'The Dark Tower' Storybook Stephen King Fans are Dying to Get
- Comic-Con 2016 Star Portraits: Day 2
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 2 Panels
- 10 of the Best Moments From 'The Daily Show'