In Summer Gloves Pammy Outlaw is a former beauty queen who falls into one of the more painful varieties of emptiness, the kind of self-hating misery that’s easy to feel when your husband falls in love with someone else and your teenage daughter decides she can’t stand you. Moving back to New Jersey to be with her domineering mom — whom she can’t stand — Pammy pulls herself out of it, searching for emotions that aren’t as shallow as her pageant-and-crown world. Sarah Gilbert writes about Pammy’s awakening with insight and a sharply Southern sense of humor and is especially good on the subject of how scary it is to discover you’ve turned into your mother. A-
Summer Gloves In Summer Gloves Pammy Outlaw is a former beauty queen who falls into one of the more painful varieties of emptiness, the kind of...Summer GlovesFictionSarah Gilbert In Summer Gloves Pammy Outlaw is a former beauty queen who falls into one of the more painful varieties of emptiness, the kind of...1993-04-30Warner Books
Genre: Fiction; Author: Sarah Gilbert; Publisher: Warner Books
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!