In Summer Gloves Pammy Outlaw is a former beauty queen who falls into one of the more painful varieties of emptiness, the kind of self-hating misery that’s easy to feel when your husband falls in love with someone else and your teenage daughter decides she can’t stand you. Moving back to New Jersey to be with her domineering mom — whom she can’t stand — Pammy pulls herself out of it, searching for emotions that aren’t as shallow as her pageant-and-crown world. Sarah Gilbert writes about Pammy’s awakening with insight and a sharply Southern sense of humor and is especially good on the subject of how scary it is to discover you’ve turned into your mother. A-
Summer Gloves In Summer Gloves Pammy Outlaw is a former beauty queen who falls into one of the more painful varieties of emptiness, the kind of...Summer GlovesFictionSarah Gilbert In Summer Gloves Pammy Outlaw is a former beauty queen who falls into one of the more painful varieties of emptiness, the kind of...1993-04-30Warner Books
Genre: Fiction; Author: Sarah Gilbert; Publisher: Warner Books
Posted April 30 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' comics are coming: EW exclusive reveal of Green Ranger cover
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner to divorce
- Rob Thomas details new solo album 'The Great Unknown'
- See the first extended look at 'Rory McIlroy PGA Tour'
- Rick Moody to write memoir detailing his second marriage
- Kaitlyn on 'Bachelorette' talk with Shawn
- Nick Zano joins 'Minority Report'
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!