You’re astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at you over a squall of eat-my-dust biker-rock guitars — and it feels great. Okay, so you don’t actually own a motorcycle, much less one with a tape deck, but this New York band’s bellowing major-label debut puts you in the driver’s seat anyway. And just to prove they aren’t good simply for the musical equivalent of a loud belch, they cap Superjudge off with a gritty, sitar-driven ballad that gives psychedelia a good name again. Enjoy the ride. B+
Superjudge You're astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at...SuperjudgeMetal You're astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at...1993-04-30
Posted April 30 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the exclusive first trailer of 'First Times with Jenn and Jack'
- Lauryn Hill covered Nina Simone's 'Feeling Good'
- See Netflix's official logo for Marvel's 'Jessica Jones'
- Kendrick Lamar releases trippy 'For Free? (Interlude)' video
- Mick Rock on his new show: I'm the Anthony Bourdain of rock and roll
- Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo on their sweet 'Vacation' cameos
- 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' is not a 'watered-down version' of the films
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!