You’re astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at you over a squall of eat-my-dust biker-rock guitars — and it feels great. Okay, so you don’t actually own a motorcycle, much less one with a tape deck, but this New York band’s bellowing major-label debut puts you in the driver’s seat anyway. And just to prove they aren’t good simply for the musical equivalent of a loud belch, they cap Superjudge off with a gritty, sitar-driven ballad that gives psychedelia a good name again. Enjoy the ride. B+
Superjudge You're astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at...SuperjudgeMetal You're astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at...1993-04-30
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Quicksilver vs. Quicksilver: How 'Avengers' and 'X-Men' introduced the same character differently
- Chris Brown named a suspect in Las Vegas battery case
- 'Scrubs' stars Zach Braff, Donald Faison to appear on 'Undateable'
- Will Poulter cast as Pennywise in Cary Fukunaga's 'It'
- Jimmy Fallon and Blur sing 'Tender' and it's, well, tender
- Joss Whedon just quit Twitter again
- Barbara Crampton-starring horror movie 'We Are Still Here' to haunt cinemas June 5
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!