You’re astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at you over a squall of eat-my-dust biker-rock guitars — and it feels great. Okay, so you don’t actually own a motorcycle, much less one with a tape deck, but this New York band’s bellowing major-label debut puts you in the driver’s seat anyway. And just to prove they aren’t good simply for the musical equivalent of a loud belch, they cap Superjudge off with a gritty, sitar-driven ballad that gives psychedelia a good name again. Enjoy the ride. B+
Superjudge You're astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at...SuperjudgeMetal You're astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at...1993-04-30
Posted April 30 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!