You’re astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at you over a squall of eat-my-dust biker-rock guitars — and it feels great. Okay, so you don’t actually own a motorcycle, much less one with a tape deck, but this New York band’s bellowing major-label debut puts you in the driver’s seat anyway. And just to prove they aren’t good simply for the musical equivalent of a loud belch, they cap Superjudge off with a gritty, sitar-driven ballad that gives psychedelia a good name again. Enjoy the ride. B+
Superjudge You're astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at...SuperjudgeMetal You're astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at...1993-04-30
Posted April 30 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!