You’re astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at you over a squall of eat-my-dust biker-rock guitars — and it feels great. Okay, so you don’t actually own a motorcycle, much less one with a tape deck, but this New York band’s bellowing major-label debut puts you in the driver’s seat anyway. And just to prove they aren’t good simply for the musical equivalent of a loud belch, they cap Superjudge off with a gritty, sitar-driven ballad that gives psychedelia a good name again. Enjoy the ride. B+
Superjudge You're astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at...SuperjudgeMetal You're astride your gleaming Harley in the countryside, the wind is hitting you in the face, and Monster Magnet singer Dave Wyndorf is bellowing at...1993-04-30
Posted April 30 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How Taylor Swift, Jimmy Fallon, and other stars are celebrating July 4
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Q's about Jace, Audrey, and a twist
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!