In A Letter to Three Wives Celeste Holm is the mellifluous, taunting voice of Addie (whom we never see), who writes a poisonous letter to her three friends (Darnell, Sothern, and Jeanne Crain), saying she has run off with one of their husbands. During the course of one day each woman reflects through flashbacks on whether it’s her husband. With snappy, tart dialogue, and one of the most tantalizing dramatic devices ever used in film, writer-director Joseph L. Mankiewicz fashioned a satiric adult tale of the Cheever set — long before John Cheever was celebrated for putting his pen to commuting and cocktails. The video transfer is pristine. A
A Letter to Three Wives In A Letter to Three Wives Celeste Holm is the mellifluous, taunting voice of Addie (whom we never see), who writes a poisonous...A Letter to Three WivesDramaUnrated In A Letter to Three Wives Celeste Holm is the mellifluous, taunting voice of Addie (whom we never see), who writes a poisonous...1993-05-07
Genre: Drama; Starring: Linda Darnell, Ann Sothern; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted May 7 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- These were the best responses to our Shondaland caption contest
- Pentatonix reveal details of new album: 'We want to prove we can write'
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- Talking 'Star Wars' toys: Hear Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma speak
- Viola Davis on the time she kissed a casting director
- 'Survivor: Second Chance': Peih-Gee Law on the advice Amanda Kimmel gave her
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!