In A Letter to Three Wives Celeste Holm is the mellifluous, taunting voice of Addie (whom we never see), who writes a poisonous letter to her three friends (Darnell, Sothern, and Jeanne Crain), saying she has run off with one of their husbands. During the course of one day each woman reflects through flashbacks on whether it’s her husband. With snappy, tart dialogue, and one of the most tantalizing dramatic devices ever used in film, writer-director Joseph L. Mankiewicz fashioned a satiric adult tale of the Cheever set — long before John Cheever was celebrated for putting his pen to commuting and cocktails. The video transfer is pristine. A
A Letter to Three Wives In A Letter to Three Wives Celeste Holm is the mellifluous, taunting voice of Addie (whom we never see), who writes a poisonous...A Letter to Three WivesDramaUnrated In A Letter to Three Wives Celeste Holm is the mellifluous, taunting voice of Addie (whom we never see), who writes a poisonous...1993-05-07
Genre: Drama; Starring: Linda Darnell, Ann Sothern; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Sherlock' season 4 details: 'Frightening, tough, emotional upheaval'
- 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone' illustrated edition cover art revealed
- 'Castle' sneak peek: Did Beckett and Castle just dig their own graves?
- Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst reminds everyone he is not Robert Durst
- Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool...on a bearskin rug: 'With great power, comes great irresponsibility'
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus dishes about her new 'Veep' hairdo
- Matthew McConaughey to star in The Billionaire's Vinegar
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!