Save for 1985’s ”The Night I Fell in Love,” Luther Vandross’ albums always come this close to perfection – and Never Let Me Go is no exception. As always, his enunciation is eloquent, his phrasing fierce; and the R&B as smooth as glass. This time Luther stumbles where he usually triumphs, on covers: in this case, a three-song medley that opens with the Bee Gees’ ”How Deep Is Your Love” – a cappella. It’s hard to hear the man who turned Dionne Warwick’s ”A House Is Not a Home” into his own heart-wrenching signature tune now drawing material from as cheesy a place as the ”Saturday Night Fever” soundtrack.
Never Let Me GoSave for 1985's ''The Night I Fell in Love,'' Luther Vandross' albums always come this close to perfection -- and Never Let Me Go is no exception...Never Let Me GoR&BSave for 1985's ''The Night I Fell in Love,'' Luther Vandross' albums always come this close to perfection -- and Never Let Me Go is no exception...1993-06-11
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Luther Vandross; Producer (group): LV
Posted June 11 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Royals': Elizabeth Hurley mocks Hugh Grant in season premiere
- Westworld finale recap in progress: 'The Bicameral Mind'
- 'The Walking Dead': Watch a sneak peek of the midseason finale
- 'Rogue One' creatures highlighted in behind-the-scenes video
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan terrorizing Carl
- 'The Walking Dead': Chandler Riggs on Carl's biggest episode ever
- Juliette Lewis talks explosive 'Secrets and Lies' finale
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big