MADE IN AMERICA (PG-13) A rattletrap vehicle-but Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson gaze at each other with such wanton goo-goo eyes that the screen just about glows. The first half hour, in which Afrocentric single mom Sarah Matthews (Goldberg) learns that her visit to a sperm bank 18 years ago resulted in her being impregnated by a shamelessly vulgar, good-ol’-boy car salesman (Danson), plays like the pilot for a sitcom you’d never want to see. After a while, the garish jokes about masturbation and TV advertising give way to a connect-the-dots interracial love affair; you can feel every dumb twist coming 20 minutes ahead of time. Yet damned if Goldberg and Danson don’t have a loosey-goosey charm. The movie is a crock, but an oddly zesty one-a crock spilling over with hormones. C+
Made in America MADE IN AMERICA (PG-13) A rattletrap vehicle-but Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson gaze at each other with such wanton goo-goo eyes that the screen just...Made in AmericaComedyPG-13 MADE IN AMERICA (PG-13) A rattletrap vehicle-but Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson gaze at each other with such wanton goo-goo eyes that the screen just...1993-06-18Paul RodriguezJennifer TillyPaul Rodriguez, Jennifer Tilly
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ted Danson, Whoopi Goldberg, Nia Long, Will Smith, Paul Rodriguez, Jennifer Tilly; Director: Richard Benjamin; Producer (person): Michael Douglas; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!