Mimi Rogers is good at being herself. In fact, it’s her best role. Whether flirting with Garry Shandling on The Larry Sanders Show, chatting with Conan O’Brien on his Late Night audition tape, or vamping her bodacious bod in Playboy, she’s full of charm and irony and utterly free of apologies. There are, of course, her character roles: a sexpot-turned-savior in 1991’s The Rapture; a murdering beauty-pageant contestant in the HBO series Tales From the Crypt; a killer’s wife in the NBC miniseries Bloodlines: Murder in the Family. But it is in playing her 35-year-old self that Rogers-free of the Mrs. Cruise moniker-has proved to be a postmodern actress and completely modern woman. ”’Playing’ Mimi Rogers feels true to myself,” she says, ”in a kind of out-of-my-body way.” Forget range-this actress has found her center.
Posted June 25 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fifth Harmony rock out in a haunted hotel in 'I'm in Love With a Monster' video
- 'Bones' taps Betty White as new squintern
- Angelina Jolie Pitt's 'By the Sea' will open AFI Fest
- George R. R. Martin says Stannis is still alive — in the books
- Michelle Pfeiffer to play Bernie Madoff's wife in HBO's 'Wizard of Lies'
- Post-apocalyptic survivors tool up in exclusive clip from 'Turbo Kid'
- New 'Homeland' season 5 trailer: Carrie can't escape her past
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Alison & Will, Julianne Hough, Rafael Nadal & More!