When Luke (Anthony Geary) married his starry-eyed rape victim, Laura (Genie Francis), on Nov. 16, 1981, more than 20 million viewers made the General Hospital nuptials daytime’s highest-rated event ever (it still is). The audience, however, quickly got fed up with the couple’s farfetched machinations, most notably the time they saved the world-honest-from being frozen by a mad scientist. When the couple, as recently announced, returns to Port Charles this fall after a decade’s absence, they will face the tougher job of resuscitating GH from fourth-place languor, although executive producer Wendy Riche insists the reunion ”is not a ratings stunt.” Before you swallow that, consider that the characters have supposedly spent the past 10 years on a farm, raising bulls.
Posted July 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch is now on the market
- She's back! First look at the return of Genie Francis to 'General Hospital'
- Watch the new trailer for 'Hot Girls Wanted,' Netflix doc about amateur porn
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is everyone's favorite advisor in the new 'Ballers' trailer
- Nick Jonas, Hozier, Trey Songz to perform at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Watch the 'Broad City' ladies chat in Larry Wilmore's 'Cool Millennial Hangout Area' on 'The Nightly Show'
- Brittany Snow, Erin Andrews to host 2015 CMT Music Awards