When Luke (Anthony Geary) married his starry-eyed rape victim, Laura (Genie Francis), on Nov. 16, 1981, more than 20 million viewers made the General Hospital nuptials daytime’s highest-rated event ever (it still is). The audience, however, quickly got fed up with the couple’s farfetched machinations, most notably the time they saved the world-honest-from being frozen by a mad scientist. When the couple, as recently announced, returns to Port Charles this fall after a decade’s absence, they will face the tougher job of resuscitating GH from fourth-place languor, although executive producer Wendy Riche insists the reunion ”is not a ratings stunt.” Before you swallow that, consider that the characters have supposedly spent the past 10 years on a farm, raising bulls.
Posted July 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'LOTR' fan Stephen Colbert explains why Gandalf can't do weddings
- Jessica Alba explains 'swass' to Jimmy Fallon
- Jessica Alba & Jimmy Fallon rule at Roomba pong
- Bruce Springsteen stops ‘Jersey Girl’ performance for a marriage proposal
- Rihanna teases VMAs performance with abstract art video
- Here's how they make those movie sex scenes so sexy
- Robert Gant talks romancing Debbie Gibson in 'Summer of Dreams'