When Luke (Anthony Geary) married his starry-eyed rape victim, Laura (Genie Francis), on Nov. 16, 1981, more than 20 million viewers made the General Hospital nuptials daytime’s highest-rated event ever (it still is). The audience, however, quickly got fed up with the couple’s farfetched machinations, most notably the time they saved the world-honest-from being frozen by a mad scientist. When the couple, as recently announced, returns to Port Charles this fall after a decade’s absence, they will face the tougher job of resuscitating GH from fourth-place languor, although executive producer Wendy Riche insists the reunion ”is not a ratings stunt.” Before you swallow that, consider that the characters have supposedly spent the past 10 years on a farm, raising bulls.
Posted July 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game