When Luke (Anthony Geary) married his starry-eyed rape victim, Laura (Genie Francis), on Nov. 16, 1981, more than 20 million viewers made the General Hospital nuptials daytime’s highest-rated event ever (it still is). The audience, however, quickly got fed up with the couple’s farfetched machinations, most notably the time they saved the world-honest-from being frozen by a mad scientist. When the couple, as recently announced, returns to Port Charles this fall after a decade’s absence, they will face the tougher job of resuscitating GH from fourth-place languor, although executive producer Wendy Riche insists the reunion ”is not a ratings stunt.” Before you swallow that, consider that the characters have supposedly spent the past 10 years on a farm, raising bulls.
Posted July 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Maria Menounos named co-anchor at 'E! News'
- 'The Fighter' actor Sean Malone dies following drowning incident
- Alyssa Milano and 'Hacktivist' writers dish on comics and technology
- Lupita Nyong'o to star in New York play written by 'Walking Dead' star
- Bikini Kill will release three new songs
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' creators on ... another sequel?
- Ivan Reitman releases statement on 'Ghostbusters' franchise
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!