When Luke (Anthony Geary) married his starry-eyed rape victim, Laura (Genie Francis), on Nov. 16, 1981, more than 20 million viewers made the General Hospital nuptials daytime’s highest-rated event ever (it still is). The audience, however, quickly got fed up with the couple’s farfetched machinations, most notably the time they saved the world-honest-from being frozen by a mad scientist. When the couple, as recently announced, returns to Port Charles this fall after a decade’s absence, they will face the tougher job of resuscitating GH from fourth-place languor, although executive producer Wendy Riche insists the reunion ”is not a ratings stunt.” Before you swallow that, consider that the characters have supposedly spent the past 10 years on a farm, raising bulls.
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!