When Luke (Anthony Geary) married his starry-eyed rape victim, Laura (Genie Francis), on Nov. 16, 1981, more than 20 million viewers made the General Hospital nuptials daytime’s highest-rated event ever (it still is). The audience, however, quickly got fed up with the couple’s farfetched machinations, most notably the time they saved the world-honest-from being frozen by a mad scientist. When the couple, as recently announced, returns to Port Charles this fall after a decade’s absence, they will face the tougher job of resuscitating GH from fourth-place languor, although executive producer Wendy Riche insists the reunion ”is not a ratings stunt.” Before you swallow that, consider that the characters have supposedly spent the past 10 years on a farm, raising bulls.
Posted July 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Dave Grohl compete in a drum-off against Animal on 'The Muppets'
- Marching band masterfully covers Adele's 'Hello'
- Comic series 'The Black Hood' announces new artists
- Harrison Ford describes revisiting the 'Star Wars' character that made him a legend
- New short film shows Reagan administration's slow response to AIDS epidemic
- Richard Hatch joins 'Biggest Loser': 'Why do I want to be fat?'
- 'Deadpool' gets a bit cheeky in his newest poster