PETER’S FRIENDS Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson (1992, HBO, R, $92.99) Schematic and forced, director Branagh’s British Big Chill brings together a few old friends at an English country house for a few days of revelations and unhappiness-and few surprises. Branagh plays a sell-out writer who has married an airhead TV star (Rita Rudner), and Thompson is a frumpy publishing type determined to make an honest man of the host, Peter (Stephen Fry), who drops a whopper on New Year’s Eve. Add a warring couple and a romance addict and her married boyfriend and what you have is an estate of fools. The film’s Hollywood mentality is the very kind it pretends to satirize. C- -Lawrence O’Toole
Peter's Friends PETER'S FRIENDS Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson (1992, HBO, R, $92.99) Schematic and forced, director Branagh's British Big Chill brings together a few...Peter's FriendsComedyR PETER'S FRIENDS Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson (1992, HBO, R, $92.99) Schematic and forced, director Branagh's British Big Chill brings together a few...1993-07-09
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson; MPAA Rating: R
Posted July 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!