PETER’S FRIENDS Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson (1992, HBO, R, $92.99) Schematic and forced, director Branagh’s British Big Chill brings together a few old friends at an English country house for a few days of revelations and unhappiness-and few surprises. Branagh plays a sell-out writer who has married an airhead TV star (Rita Rudner), and Thompson is a frumpy publishing type determined to make an honest man of the host, Peter (Stephen Fry), who drops a whopper on New Year’s Eve. Add a warring couple and a romance addict and her married boyfriend and what you have is an estate of fools. The film’s Hollywood mentality is the very kind it pretends to satirize. C- -Lawrence O’Toole
Peter's Friends PETER'S FRIENDS Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson (1992, HBO, R, $92.99) Schematic and forced, director Branagh's British Big Chill brings together a few...Peter's FriendsComedyR PETER'S FRIENDS Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson (1992, HBO, R, $92.99) Schematic and forced, director Branagh's British Big Chill brings together a few...1993-07-09
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson; MPAA Rating: R
Posted July 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss teases new Murder Night and more
- Kanye West reveals final track list for album now named 'The Life of Pablo'
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday