Seen any bootleg Jurassic Park products lately? If so, Universal wants to hear from you-it even has operators standing by. The studio and Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment are asking the public to help them protect the $65 million merchandising campaign by reporting knockoff Jurassic Park items to 1-800-DINO-COP. ”You have to understand the uniqueness of this property,” explains a Universal spokeswoman. The hotline has already received several dozen calls about imitation Jurassic toys, T-shirts, and other dino-matter. ”Anybody will try to copy Jurassic Park to make a quick buck, but these copies are not as special as the actual trademarked products.” And what’s in it for the average caller? ”Uh, nothing,” says a Dino-Cop operator. ”We’re not giving out T-shirts or anything. This is just a public service.”
Posted July 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!