Seen any bootleg Jurassic Park products lately? If so, Universal wants to hear from you-it even has operators standing by. The studio and Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment are asking the public to help them protect the $65 million merchandising campaign by reporting knockoff Jurassic Park items to 1-800-DINO-COP. ”You have to understand the uniqueness of this property,” explains a Universal spokeswoman. The hotline has already received several dozen calls about imitation Jurassic toys, T-shirts, and other dino-matter. ”Anybody will try to copy Jurassic Park to make a quick buck, but these copies are not as special as the actual trademarked products.” And what’s in it for the average caller? ”Uh, nothing,” says a Dino-Cop operator. ”We’re not giving out T-shirts or anything. This is just a public service.”
Posted July 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Juliette Lewis talks explosive 'Secrets and Lies' finale
- Tom Cruise joins the world of gods and monsters in 'The Mummy' trailer
- 'Once Upon a Time': The hooded figure is revealed!
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big