Seen any bootleg Jurassic Park products lately? If so, Universal wants to hear from you-it even has operators standing by. The studio and Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment are asking the public to help them protect the $65 million merchandising campaign by reporting knockoff Jurassic Park items to 1-800-DINO-COP. ”You have to understand the uniqueness of this property,” explains a Universal spokeswoman. The hotline has already received several dozen calls about imitation Jurassic toys, T-shirts, and other dino-matter. ”Anybody will try to copy Jurassic Park to make a quick buck, but these copies are not as special as the actual trademarked products.” And what’s in it for the average caller? ”Uh, nothing,” says a Dino-Cop operator. ”We’re not giving out T-shirts or anything. This is just a public service.”
Posted July 9 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Elizabeth Banks leads celebrities in a cappella 'Fight Song' for Hillary
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Alicia Keys dedicates DNC performance to 'Mothers of the Movement'
- Meryl Streep: Hillary Clinton will be first female president
- Hillary Clinton shares empowering message for young girls
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'