The original 1989 dead-guy farce maybe had a few laughs if you caught it on cable at one in the morning. Blind drunk. Weekend At Bernie’s II not quite that good. Buddies Andrew McCarthy (loudmouth jerk) and Jonathan Silverman (shy brainiac) are led on a moronic slap-stick chase in the Virgin Islands by their deceased but excessively mobile boss (a voodoo curse has brought him partly back to life — don’t ask). Terry Kiser again brings his deadpan body English to the title role, but McCarthy heads in the other direction with a performance of baffling hamminess. At this rate, his career choices are narrowing down to game-show appearances and a cameo in John Waters’ next movie. F
Weekend at Bernie's IIThe original 1989 dead-guy farce maybe had a few laughs if you caught it on cable at one in the morning. Blind drunk. Weekend At...Weekend at Bernie's IIComedyRobert KlaneThe original 1989 dead-guy farce maybe had a few laughs if you caught it on cable at one in the morning. Blind drunk. Weekend At...1993-07-23Barry Bostwick
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Andrew McCarthy, Jonathan Silverman, Terry Kiser, Barry Bostwick; Director: Robert Klane; Author: Robert Klane
Posted July 23 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles