As a kid, did you think those all-puppet ”Supermarionation” TV shows were really neat? Prepare to smash a treasured memory if you watch these two juvenile features, spun off from the Thunderbirds series and here packaged as a double bill. The 007-style sets still look wittily miniaturized, but the little dolls that plod through them — ex-astronaut Jeff Tracy, his five-son rescue team, and slinky aide Lady Penelope — have eerily big heads and dead eyes. They barely move, and when they talk, only their lower lips clack feebly. Sorry, fans; reopen the toy chest and Thunderbirds are bores. C+
Thunderbirds Are GoAs a kid, did you think those all-puppet ''Supermarionation'' TV shows were really neat? Prepare to smash a treasured memory if you watch these two...Thunderbirds Are GoAs a kid, did you think those all-puppet ''Supermarionation'' TV shows were really neat? Prepare to smash a treasured memory if you watch these two...1993-08-20
Posted August 20 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fifth Harmony's 'Work from Home' is YouTube's top music video of 2016
- 'Yours Mine or Ours' host spills on great wines to give and get this holiday
- 2016 Critics' Choice Awards: Who should win best actress?
- Johnny Depp leads Forbes list of most overpaid actors (again)
- 'La La Land' exclusive: Hear a pair of gorgeous tracks from the movie
- How they shot the first-person X-wing battle in 'Rogue One'
- 'Ink Master' crowns first ever female winner after 8 seasons
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem