Best known for playing the long- suffering mom of pouty Erica(Susan Lucci) and grandmother of Kendall (Sarah Gellar) on ABC’s AllMy Children, Frances Heflin is prouder of her real family ties. Herlate brother, Van, starred in Shane and Airport; daughters NoraHeflin and Mady Kaplan have appeared in such movies and shows asUnlawful Entry and Law & Order. And son Jonathan Kaplan directed LoveField and The Accused. You’d think Mom, who goes by ”Fra,” would askhim for a juicy film role, but she believes she jinxed some of hisearly efforts. ”He’s done two movies that didn’t do well, and I wasin them,” says Fra. ”One was for Roger Corman (The Student Teachers)and it had all this topless nudity not by me, of course! The otherwas a flop called Mr. Billion. He’s doing quite well without myhelp.”
Posted October 29 1993 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See John Cena and Aaron Taylor-Johnson in 'The Wall' trailer
- Ryan Reynolds on 'Deadpool 2' and new director David Leitch
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which show should win Best Drama Series?
- 'Rogue One': Felicity Jones didn't want Jyn 'running around in a tank top'
- Best of 2016: How 'Lion' found its 8-year-old star
- 'Vampire Diaries': Candice King teases mid-season finale
- 'La La Land' reviews: Critics sing tune of a major Oscar contender
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes