HOUSE PARTY 3 (New Line, R) The party’s over. Those charismatic rap-lite jokesters Kid ‘N Play seem less like stars than like impotent bystanders in this shambles of a sequel, which, even more than the middling House Party 2, turns the fizzy exuberance of the first film into a stale hangover. The static visuals and ”Lights! Camera! Do something funny!” brand of farce are bad enough, but it’s also depressing to see the producers’ money-grubbing ambitions echoed so baldly in the ”plot,” which casts the heroes as would-be hip-hop managers desperate to rook everyone in sight. Between the dead-end materialism and squalidly obvious sexual banter (the mere mention of the word booty is presented as a pinnacle of outrageousness), House Party 3 is like a training film for music-industry pimps. D- -OG
House Party 3 HOUSE PARTY 3 (New Line, R) The party's over. Those charismatic rap-lite jokesters Kid 'N Play seem less like stars than like impotent bystanders in this...House Party 3ComedyR HOUSE PARTY 3 (New Line, R) The party's over. Those charismatic rap-lite jokesters Kid 'N Play seem less like stars than like impotent bystanders in this...1994-01-28Bernie Mac
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Christopher Martin, Christopher Reid, Bernie Mac; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West tweets apologies to Beck and Bruno Mars
- 'Agents of SHIELD' unveils new poster art: Here's 'Aftershocks'
- Elizabeth Hurley gets slap happy in 'Royals' clip: First Look
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller Wake halts production due to lack of funding
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in new issue of comic book
- 'Grey's Anatomy': What's next for Amelia and Owen?
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!