HOUSE PARTY 3 (New Line, R) The party’s over. Those charismatic rap-lite jokesters Kid ‘N Play seem less like stars than like impotent bystanders in this shambles of a sequel, which, even more than the middling House Party 2, turns the fizzy exuberance of the first film into a stale hangover. The static visuals and ”Lights! Camera! Do something funny!” brand of farce are bad enough, but it’s also depressing to see the producers’ money-grubbing ambitions echoed so baldly in the ”plot,” which casts the heroes as would-be hip-hop managers desperate to rook everyone in sight. Between the dead-end materialism and squalidly obvious sexual banter (the mere mention of the word booty is presented as a pinnacle of outrageousness), House Party 3 is like a training film for music-industry pimps. D- -OG
House Party 3 HOUSE PARTY 3 (New Line, R) The party's over. Those charismatic rap-lite jokesters Kid 'N Play seem less like stars than like impotent bystanders in this...House Party 3ComedyR HOUSE PARTY 3 (New Line, R) The party's over. Those charismatic rap-lite jokesters Kid 'N Play seem less like stars than like impotent bystanders in this...1994-01-28Bernie Mac
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Christopher Martin, Christopher Reid, Bernie Mac; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!