HOUSE PARTY 3 (New Line, R) The party’s over. Those charismatic rap-lite jokesters Kid ‘N Play seem less like stars than like impotent bystanders in this shambles of a sequel, which, even more than the middling House Party 2, turns the fizzy exuberance of the first film into a stale hangover. The static visuals and ”Lights! Camera! Do something funny!” brand of farce are bad enough, but it’s also depressing to see the producers’ money-grubbing ambitions echoed so baldly in the ”plot,” which casts the heroes as would-be hip-hop managers desperate to rook everyone in sight. Between the dead-end materialism and squalidly obvious sexual banter (the mere mention of the word booty is presented as a pinnacle of outrageousness), House Party 3 is like a training film for music-industry pimps. D- -OG
House Party 3 HOUSE PARTY 3 (New Line, R) The party's over. Those charismatic rap-lite jokesters Kid 'N Play seem less like stars than like impotent bystanders in this...House Party 3ComedyR HOUSE PARTY 3 (New Line, R) The party's over. Those charismatic rap-lite jokesters Kid 'N Play seem less like stars than like impotent bystanders in this...1994-01-28Bernie Mac
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Christopher Martin, Christopher Reid, Bernie Mac; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Gallery Books to publish an investigative book about Whitney Houston and Bobbi Kristina
- Michael Gambon to play Winston Churchill in new TV project
- Johnny Depp could face jail time for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- Jake Owen shifts gears on infectious new single, talks 'funkier' new album
- Jon Stewart helps Iraq War veterans find jobs in TV
- Queen Latifah channels LL Cool J for her 'Lip Sync Battle' performance
- Katharine McPhee drops catchy comeback single 'Lick My Lips'
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!