HOUSE PARTY 3 (New Line, R) The party’s over. Those charismatic rap-lite jokesters Kid ‘N Play seem less like stars than like impotent bystanders in this shambles of a sequel, which, even more than the middling House Party 2, turns the fizzy exuberance of the first film into a stale hangover. The static visuals and ”Lights! Camera! Do something funny!” brand of farce are bad enough, but it’s also depressing to see the producers’ money-grubbing ambitions echoed so baldly in the ”plot,” which casts the heroes as would-be hip-hop managers desperate to rook everyone in sight. Between the dead-end materialism and squalidly obvious sexual banter (the mere mention of the word booty is presented as a pinnacle of outrageousness), House Party 3 is like a training film for music-industry pimps. D- -OG
House Party 3 HOUSE PARTY 3 (New Line, R) The party's over. Those charismatic rap-lite jokesters Kid 'N Play seem less like stars than like impotent bystanders in this...House Party 3ComedyR HOUSE PARTY 3 (New Line, R) The party's over. Those charismatic rap-lite jokesters Kid 'N Play seem less like stars than like impotent bystanders in this...1994-01-28Bernie Mac
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Christopher Martin, Christopher Reid, Bernie Mac; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch