The Jackson family racked up enough bad memories last year without needing any help from Poetic Justice, Janet’s movie debut. As a hairdresser who writes poetry (actually penned by Maya Angelou, and voiced-over on the screen without mercy) and takes off with a mailman (Tupac Shakur) she at first loathes but soon finds cool, the sweetly charismatic Jackson isn’t to blame for this mess. That falls squarely on the shoulders of John Singleton (Boyz N the Hood), who has made an idling, aimless road movie about random outbursts of violence in our society. He has not said anything new, and he hasn’t even done a good job of being unoriginal.
Poetic JusticeThe Jackson family racked up enough bad memories last year without needing any help from Poetic Justice, Janet's movie debut. As a...Poetic JusticeDramaJohn SingletonRThe Jackson family racked up enough bad memories last year without needing any help from Poetic Justice, Janet's movie debut. As a...1994-01-28Maya AngelouJoe TorryRegina KingMaya Angelou, Joe Torry, Regina KingColumbia Pictures
Genre: Drama; Starring: Janet Jackson, Tupac Shakur, Maya Angelou, Joe Torry, Regina King; Director: John Singleton; Author: John Singleton; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!