The Jackson family racked up enough bad memories last year without needing any help from Poetic Justice, Janet’s movie debut. As a hairdresser who writes poetry (actually penned by Maya Angelou, and voiced-over on the screen without mercy) and takes off with a mailman (Tupac Shakur) she at first loathes but soon finds cool, the sweetly charismatic Jackson isn’t to blame for this mess. That falls squarely on the shoulders of John Singleton (Boyz N the Hood), who has made an idling, aimless road movie about random outbursts of violence in our society. He has not said anything new, and he hasn’t even done a good job of being unoriginal.
Poetic JusticeThe Jackson family racked up enough bad memories last year without needing any help from Poetic Justice, Janet's movie debut. As a...Poetic JusticeDramaJohn SingletonRThe Jackson family racked up enough bad memories last year without needing any help from Poetic Justice, Janet's movie debut. As a...1994-01-28Maya AngelouJoe TorryRegina KingMaya Angelou, Joe Torry, Regina KingColumbia Pictures
Genre: Drama; Starring: Janet Jackson, Tupac Shakur, Maya Angelou, Joe Torry, Regina King; Director: John Singleton; Author: John Singleton; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 28 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!