Testing the limits of the ’70s nostalgia wave, Frampton’s first studio effort in five years aims right for the heart. The first single, the spare, driving ”Day in the Sun,” shows he still has a knack for sweeping, arena-rock hooks, while the two instrumentals prove his fingers are nimble as ever. But Peter Frampton (Relativity) mostly plods his way through blustery love ballads that sway with hand-holding elegance, but not enough to overcome his cotton-candy sentimentality. B-
Peter Frampton Testing the limits of the '70s nostalgia wave, Frampton's first studio effort in five years aims right for the heart. The first single, the spare,...Peter FramptonRock Testing the limits of the '70s nostalgia wave, Frampton's first studio effort in five years aims right for the heart. The first single, the spare,...1994-02-04
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Peter Frampton; Producer (group): Relativity
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Star Wars' Celebration panel on 'Rogue One' and other stand-alones: We're live blogging it
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on present (two Tribeca films), past ('SNL'), and future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!