Sure, a soap can be a hotbed of activity – literally. But not all the bold & young & beautiful & restless denizens of this world see a lot of, uh, horizontal action. The following are people who, truly, need people. Take Mamie (Veronica Redd-Forrest) on The Young & the Restless. No one else has. Mamie’s last date was…hey, can anyone remember back that far? Call her the maid who’s never had her bed made. Hunky attorney John Silva (John Castellanos) is another Y&R character who is all work and no play. Has he ever dropped his legal briefs? Erica’s mama on All My Children, Mona (Frances Heflin), has been a mother-of-the-bride 10 times, but hasn’t had her own man since husband Charles died in 1985. The writers ”don’t think of the older characters as sexual,” explains Heflin, ”but it is time Mona had a life, don’t you think?”
Posted February 4 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!