Sure, a soap can be a hotbed of activity – literally. But not all the bold & young & beautiful & restless denizens of this world see a lot of, uh, horizontal action. The following are people who, truly, need people. Take Mamie (Veronica Redd-Forrest) on The Young & the Restless. No one else has. Mamie’s last date was…hey, can anyone remember back that far? Call her the maid who’s never had her bed made. Hunky attorney John Silva (John Castellanos) is another Y&R character who is all work and no play. Has he ever dropped his legal briefs? Erica’s mama on All My Children, Mona (Frances Heflin), has been a mother-of-the-bride 10 times, but hasn’t had her own man since husband Charles died in 1985. The writers ”don’t think of the older characters as sexual,” explains Heflin, ”but it is time Mona had a life, don’t you think?”
Posted February 4 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!