ACE VENTURA: PET DETECTIVE (PG-13) If you thought movie comedy had scraped bottom with the Ernest series, check out Jim Carrey (of TV’s ”In Living Color”) / as Ace Ventura, pet detective and postmodern doofus. His ”characterization” consists of strutting around in a Hawaiian shirt and Li’l Abner pompadour, flashing his big, creepy-preppy grin like a junior Richard Nixon on Jolt cola, and punching home every last one of his so-stupid-they-really-are-stupid lines. Carrey suggests an escaped mental patient impersonating a game-show host and, what’s worse, his hyperbolically obnoxious shtick is the whole damned show. F
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective ACE VENTURA: PET DETECTIVE (PG-13) If you thought movie comedy had scraped bottom with the Ernest series, check out Jim Carrey (of TV's ''In Living...Ace Ventura: Pet DetectiveComedyPG-13 ACE VENTURA: PET DETECTIVE (PG-13) If you thought movie comedy had scraped bottom with the Ernest series, check out Jim Carrey (of TV's ''In Living...1994-02-18Courteney CoxSean YoungCourteney Cox, Sean Young
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jim Carrey, Courteney Cox, Sean Young; Director: Tom Shadyac; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!